Browsers redirecting to unwanted sites

Yes, it first happened on Chrome. Firefox and Edge are similarly affected.
Firefox has been my usual browser, but I used Chrome for a website that wasn't performing well in Firefox.
 
Oh, could there be something that is not showing up in the logs, as this only just started happening and it is very invasive as I browse. I do have a Firefox add-on called Video AdBlock 3.0 that is enabled, but it doesn't seem to work, even on videos.
I have copied the URLs of some of the sites I get redirected to, would you like me to paste them in a reply to you, or would that not be safe?
 
Thank you very much, TwinHeadedEagle.
I will do that and install the Adblock Plus, then report back on performance.
 
Yes, I do. The problem occurs both at home and at work.
Malwarebytes is grabbing some of the sites, but not all.
I could send a screenshot of the alert window for the last one that was stopped, and also the URLs of a few of them.
Do I send them with Sendspace as before?
 
I haven't been on them lately, but I just tried a couple of times each and it didn't happen. Saying that, it doesn't always happen on other sites.
It is quite bad on Google when I am searching for a site.
I have also noticed it sometimes puts another genuine-looking search bar below my Bookmarks toolbar.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top