Browsers redirecting to unwanted sites

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
When I try to upload the FRST files etc. I get a message saying 'Error uploading file'.

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
Yes, it first happened on Chrome. Firefox and Edge are similarly affected.
Firefox has been my usual browser, but I used Chrome for a website that wasn't performing well in Firefox.

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
Oh, could there be something that is not showing up in the logs, as this only just started happening and it is very invasive as I browse. I do have a Firefox add-on called Video AdBlock 3.0 that is enabled, but it doesn't seem to work, even on videos.
I have copied the URLs of some of the sites I get redirected to, would you like me to paste them in a reply to you, or would that not be safe?

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
Thank you very much, TwinHeadedEagle.
I will do that and install the Adblock Plus, then report back on performance.

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
Yes, I do. The problem occurs both at home and at work.
Malwarebytes is grabbing some of the sites, but not all.
I could send a screenshot of the alert window for the last one that was stopped, and also the URLs of a few of them.
Do I send them with Sendspace as before?

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
I haven't been on them lately, but I just tried a couple of times each and it didn't happen. Saying that, it doesn't always happen on other sites.
It is quite bad on Google when I am searching for a site.
I have also noticed it sometimes puts another genuine-looking search bar below my Bookmarks toolbar.

sd88

Thread author
Sep 14, 2016
I have actually removed Chrome from my machine.
I am using Firefox as I am used to it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.