Advice Request Browsers that don't shrink the tabs width in the tabs bar

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Besides Firefox, are there any other browsers that don't shrink the width of the open tabs in order to fit all of them into the width of the tabs bar? When you open more tabs than can be fit into the width of the tabs bar, Firefox doesn't shrink the width of the tabs until they're nothing but tiny squares (like Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge and Opera do), but rather allows you to scroll horizontally through them by using either the mouse wheel or the arrows that appear at the beginning and at the end of the tabs bar. Does anyone know any other browsers that have this feature?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Vivaldi and Cent browser are the most customizable browsers I've seen, take a look at Tab settings in Vivaldi's settings menu to see if it helps. Why would you want to scroll through the tabs, seems like a chore, instead tab stacking & tab cycling can be used.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Firefox doesn't shrink the width of the tabs until they're nothing but tiny squares (like Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge and Opera do), but rather allows you to scroll horizontally through them by using either the mouse wheel or the arrows that appear at the beginning and at the end of the tabs bar. Does anyone know any other browsers that have this feature?
FireFox doesn't shrink the width of open tabs, where do you get that from? :unsure:

Let's say I have 20 tabs open, then open 10 more. The tabs will automatic no matter what browser vendor one use, shrink to fit, and yes even with FireFox ( FF ). Anyone that has FF installed can simply test that for themselves by start open tab after tab and watch what happens. For me that starts to occur after tab number 8. It's slightly happens slower with FF, but it's absolutely not true that FF do not shrink tabs. Unless a user refuse open more tabs then like in my case, 8.

Member @jackuars mention the browser Vivaldi, and even if I never used it I know they created some very smart features that also include tabs. I'm not sure if they have something similar Opera have that's called mouse gestures. Introduced already 2014 or 2015.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
FireFox doesn't shrink the width of open tabs, where do you get that from? :unsure:
I get that from my current PC. I have over 50 tabs open in Firefox right now. The tabs are shrank a little, but not to a tiny square size (like in Vivaldi), and I can scroll from the first to the last tab in Firefox.

q.jpg

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I get that from my current PC. I have over 50 tabs open in Firefox right now. The tabs are shrank a little, but not to a tiny square size (like in Vivaldi), and I can scroll from the first to the last tab in Firefox.

View attachment 253525
Thanks for the screenshot, because that made it more clear what you mean. Personal I do not know any other browser that have that feature. Maybe with some setting or extension, but not by default as FF.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What if you open multiple windows with 10-15 tabs per window?

Take a look at this new feature in Vivaldi.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.