Solved BSOD when using certain program

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightbaron

Thread author
Verified
Jul 3, 2013
Hello, my computer is experiencing some problems since last week. One of them is a bsod when launching a program, garena.exe to be exact. It's like Steam but different games.

Anyway, the BSOD occurs after I log in my account. Listed below are some of the things I did before I experienced the BSOD.

I installed a program called Razer Booster or something (sorry, I forgot the exact name) then I disabled some of the services that is not being used when I'm running League of Legends (through Garena) through the Razer Booster. And then I'm not sure what else I did after that. Then the BSOD occured.

Right after the first BSOD happens, I experience a series of BSOD even if I'm just browsing. The first thing I did is uninstall the Razer Booster hoping that it would fix the problem, but it didn't. Then I used the "last known good configuration" option. Then it looks like it solve the problem of the series of BSOD. The only problem now is when I'm logging in to the Garena program.

On a side note, the BSOD does not occur when I log in when the computer is on safe mode.

I also experienced a BSOD right after I removed a flash drive on a USB Extension Cable, though It only happened once so far.

Sorry for the long post, I hope you could help me with this problem. Thanks a lot, guys.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You can find an excellent guide to Memtest86+ here- http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/246994-guide-to-using-memtest86/

Watch a video tutorial here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaHL9usaM4Q

That would be much easier then myself having to explain everything.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.