Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
This morning I got a BSOD:(
How can I find the reason of this BSOD ?
Windows 10 Pro / 2004 / 19041.508

Reactions: upnorth

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Just tried "WhoCrashed" and it finds nothing :unsure:
1.PNG

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I know your PC is a DELL, but just in case;

To temporarily mitigate this problem, edit the device UEFI configuration (in the Security > Virtualization section) to disable Enhanced Windows Biometric Security. This change disables the restrictions that are enabled by the SDEV table and VBS.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...kpad-that-has-kb4568831-or-a-later-update-and

Stop error on Lenovo ThinkPad that has KB4568831 or a later update and Enhanced Windows Biometric Security enabled in UEFI
Applies to: Windows 10, version 2004, all editions

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
You probably already google it, but this is a good page with recommendations for your error:

Thanks @Freud2004
These 2 BSOD occured on 2 PC on which I recently (8 days ago) installed the trial version of "Zone Alarm Extreme Security".
Do you think that ZAES could have caused these 2 BSOD ?

Upvote 0

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks @Freud2004
These 2 BSOD occured on 2 PC on which I recently (8 days ago) installed the trial version of "Zone Alarm Extreme Security".
Could be an option.
Because it's a trial I would uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the BSOD's are over.

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Thanks @Freud2004

I don't know, but is one of the recommendations from the text.

I find this on the internet:

"I uninstalled Zone Alarm Free Firewall but did not "restart" immediately. I received the same stop/restart NETIO.SYS blue screen. The good news is after 2 days from restarting, no Blue Screens! "

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Could be an option.
Because it's a trial I would uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the BSOD's are over.
I don't know, but is one of the recommendations from the text.

I find this on the internet:

"I uninstalled Zone Alarm Free Firewall but did not "restart" immediately. I received the same stop/restart NETIO.SYS blue screen. The good news is after 2 days from restarting, no Blue Screens! "
Thanks @Gandalf_The_Grey and @Freud2004
On the other hand I have only 1 BSOD for 1 PC for 8 days........ (= 2 BSOD/2 PC/8 days).
@Gandalf_The_Grey , it is a trial but a stable version (15.8.125.18466) and not a beta.

Upvote 0

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@Gandalf_The_Grey , it is a trial but a stable version (15.8.125.18466) and not a beta.
I understand that. It's a trial of a stable version, but that stable version seems to cause issues on your systems.
Time to remove and try another security solution.
If you have no more BSOD's than ZoneAlarm was the culprit.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I understand that. It's a trial of a stable version, but that stable version seems to cause issues on your systems.
Time to remove and try another security solution.
If you have no more BSOD's than ZoneAlarm was the culprit.
I think you are right @Gandalf_The_Grey because before the installation of ZAES I never had BSOD on these 2 PC (7 years and 3 years).

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.