BSOD's configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Moved to Linux Mint 14. Windows crashed (!) and I don't have the patience to install it all over again. Linux works nice out of the box :)

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I like the switch to Linux. But do you find it annoying to use it because of the lack of sufficient apps?

Neah, not really. My laptop's almost ancient (Core2Duo) and I can't do much on it anyway.

I use Chrome/Firefox for browsing and Clementine/Banshee for Music. VLC for movies. That's all that really matters to me. Mint (and I am sure many other distros) just comes with so many apps pre-installed for various things, it's pretty cool.

I also installed WINE. Just in case. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Linux at all tends to be simple and elegant, just became adapted for advance users due for programming purpose.

Not at all apps are compatible but similar version are pretty useful. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google Drive has tripled up to 15GB, so it's better than before. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.