Battle Bullguard or Avira

Status
Not open for further replies.

catjc

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
1 Whitch one you think is better Bullguard or Avira? I would be glad if you can justify your answer :)
2 I prefer Bullguard . Sometimes i think that why Bullguard is not popular here. Can you tell me why?

I would be grateful for answers :)

Reactions: Ink

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
my answer is simple bullguard if it comes to internet security because it uses best proven and famous third party firewall technology, :cool:
but if it is antivirus only avira best i think because sometime bullguard will be very slow in removing detected threat on that time you may experience little bit unresponsiveness from your system,:mad: its happen to me, thats why i expressing it here, nothing personal against bullguard. ultimately your's choice, sorry i think you already said in the above message. :oops:

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Avira, cloud protection, good detection and you can use the free version and it is ok :)

Bullguard = old BitDefender engine, and BitDefender has some FP and you will see a delay between BitDefender and Bullguard detection so in a real infection that in not good.

I use Avira Free + WinPatrol, I feel happy with this setup.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Bullguard use:
-HTTP/HTTPS scanner-Commtouch Enterprise;
-SpamFilter-Commtouch Enterprise;
-Firewall-Agnitum (Outpost);
-Engine 1 Signatures-BitDefender;
-Vulnerability-Scanner-Secunia;
-Behavioral engine-Novashield.

Avira:
- good detection
- cloud protection
- small vdf updates(sorry if i wrong)

Reactions: MrExplorer

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Avira, cloud protection, good detection and you can use the free version and it is ok :)

Bullguard = old BitDefender engine, and BitDefender has some FP and you will see a delay between BitDefender and Bullguard detection so in a real infection that in not good.

I use Avira Free + WinPatrol, I feel happy with this setup.
Nobody from Bitdefender partners use a older engine. They can all use the exact same engine as bd. just some delay on the sync servers. thats why bd often have better detections/signatures than the other ones who use bd engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.