Troubleshoot C and D drives run out of space???

Edna22

Thread author
Nov 23, 2023
Upon utilizing the computer for a prolonged duration, I encounter a notification indicating that drive C or D lacks sufficient storage, consequently impeding my ability to play the preferred game, Subway Surfers.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
When you receive a notification that your C or D drive is running out of space, it means that your computer's storage is nearly full. This can indeed affect your ability to play games like Subway Surfers, as the game requires a certain amount of free space to run smoothly.

Here are a few steps you can take to address this issue:

1. Check the storage space: First, you need to determine which drive is running out of space. Open File Explorer and navigate to "This PC" or "My Computer." You will see a list of drives, including C and D. Check the available space on each drive to identify the one that is low on storage.

2. Clear temporary files: Over time, your computer accumulates temporary files that take up valuable storage space. To remove these files, you can use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool. Simply type "Disk Cleanup" in the Windows search bar, select the drive you want to clean (C or D), and follow the prompts to remove unnecessary files.

3. Uninstall unnecessary programs: Go through your installed programs and uninstall any that you no longer use or need. This can free up a significant amount of space on your hard drive. To uninstall programs, go to the Control Panel, select "Programs" or "Programs and Features," and then choose the program you want to remove.

4. Move files to another drive: If your D drive is running out of space, you can consider moving some files to another drive with more available storage. You can transfer files such as documents, pictures, videos, or downloads to an external hard drive or a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.

5. Disable hibernation: Hibernation is a feature that allows your computer to save its current state and power off while preserving your open documents and programs. However, it requires a significant amount of disk space. If you rarely use hibernation, you can disable it to free up some space. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" (without quotes) and press Enter.

6. Consider upgrading your storage: If you consistently run out of space on your C or D drive, it may be time to consider upgrading your storage. You can either replace your existing hard drive with a larger one or add an additional drive to your computer. This will provide you with more space to store your files and games.

By following these steps, you should be able to free up some space on your C or D drive and improve your computer's performance, allowing you to play Subway Surfers and other games without any storage-related issues.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Upon utilizing the computer for a prolonged duration, I encounter a notification indicating that drive C or D lacks sufficient storage, consequently impeding my ability to play the preferred game, Subway Surfers.
On a serious note... Your drives seem as empty as your high score in Subway Surfers! 😛

On a lighter note... Does deleting files on your drives result in filling up the drives?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.