Can I install Emisoft Anti-Malware with Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have a giveaway 1-year license key of Emisoft Anti-Malware, I want to install it with my installed Symantec Endpoint Protection. But, I don't know if there is any confliction on my machine if I install Emisoft Anti-Malware and Symantec Endpoint Protection on same computer. Please give me a suggestion. Thanks for your reply!

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Better be safe than sorry. In other words, installing one would be my recommendation. Emsisoft is a very good antivirus to have, which is why I would recommend it over Norton :p

Reactions: Maxxx58

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Already a full blown AV, I think before an old FAQ Emsisoft website where you can do it like a companion but its been totally revised.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Which of them is better in your option?
I never tested or used MSI as for norton endpoint does have a good name. they both have good names since I never used mci and it has been long since i used noton it isnt fair to give an opinion. i would stick with what i have already install doesnt matter which one

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Already a full blown AV, I think before an old FAQ Emsisoft website where you can do it like a companion but its been totally revised.
The Emsisoft Anti-Malware website states in Frequent questions:

"-Can it replace my current antivirus software?-
Yes. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a complete antivirus solution that provides protection against all manner of threats that are lurking on the internet. Two full virus scanning engines are used to ensure optimal detection and cleaning, while the three-layered real-time protection prevents new infections from entering your PC"

But below it also says
"-Will it run on my PC?-
It’s a popular myth that you shouldn’t run two antivirus programs at the same time. We have spent considerable time building Emsisoft Anti-Malware in a way that makes it compatible with almost all other antivirus programs!"

The keyword here is "almost" unless someone test it, it will be hard to know whether the two are compatible or not.
Would be useful if they had a list of other antivirus/antimalware software that they tested the product with.

Reactions: jamescv7

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
IMHO It's not a good idea to run two AVs Why in the Hell would you need two. I get along just fine with MSE and MBAB Pro.+WOT and safe surfing.
I know the internet is getting crazy, but come on friends. I realize that MT is all about malware, but some times it gets kind a crazy here.
If you make frequent image back ups, who's afraid of the big bad malware.:):):) Not me!!;)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
IMHO It's not a good idea to run two AVs Why in the Hell would you need two. I get along just fine with MSE and MBAB Pro.+WOT and safe surfing.
I know the internet is getting crazy, but come on friends. I realize that MT is all about malware, but some times it gets kind a crazy here.
If you make frequent image back ups, who's afraid of the big bad malware.:):):) Not me!!;)
it's hard to find someone that think like me here, finally i found.

Reactions: donetao and frogboy

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! We all have our thoughts and opinions here on MT. It's nice to have a forum like MT that allows us to post our thoughts.
I have been a member of more forums that I really care to share here with my MT friends. IMHO MT is one of a kind. Lets keep it that way.
If your thread gets deleted or your reply gets deleted, don't worry about it, just move on and share and pass forward things you have learned from others. It's all good my friends! We all have our thoughts and we can't all agree all the time;)
Lets help all members on MT that have a issue they need help with, and grow to be the number one help forum!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Can the key won here for EAM be applied for EIS also?

Reactions: nissimezra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.