App Review Symantec Endpoint Protection Test 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Symantec Endpoint test!
This is an enterprise version.
The interface is quite austere and the software is full of settings.
Personally, I would not install it on a private computer or for a novice because of the numerous settings...

I chose a balanced level of protection in order to put it in a default level...
The protection is very good, but the machine is infected...
RemoteManipulator is present without detection and a malware has infected the memory.
Moreover, I had a very strange bug, Symantec Endpoint crashed during the analysis of the archive!
I had to restart the VM and do the executions to test the archive...

No rating because it is an enterprise version.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Using unmanaged version of sep is not a good idea. It's meant to be managed and intended to be in an enterprise environment ( rightly with windows enterprise versions). In sep unmanaged, even if you set it to be in the most aggressive protection level, sometimes it would reset to the default settings. So beware if you are using unmanaged version.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Symantec Endpoint test!
This is an enterprise version.
The interface is quite austere and the software is full of settings.
Personally, I would not install it on a private computer or for a novice because of the numerous settings...

I chose a balanced level of protection in order to put it in a default level...
The protection is very good, but the machine is infected...
RemoteManipulator is present without detection and a malware has infected the memory.
Moreover, I had a very strange bug, Symantec Endpoint crashed during the analysis of the archive!
I had to restart the VM and do the executions to test the archive...

No rating because it is an enterprise version.

How would you rate Norton 360 deluxe against Symantec Endpoint ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.