Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Cannot receive incoming emails anymore
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Google search for a fix
Earlier in the week, I decided to change all my passwords. The only issue I have is that I cannot receive any emails in my
Microsoft Outlook.com (webmail) main account which I've had for about 25 years now. (not even in my junk/spam folder).
I have a few other email accounts: Protonmail, Ctemplar, Tutanota and another Outlook .com account which I can confirm that
I can receive those messages from, as well as send to. These are the only emails that I can receive.

I first became aware of the problem when I tried to access my My Malwarebyts acount, the verification code that is suppose to be sent to my email, never arrived.
Then I tried the same process with my other outlook.com email as I have tried their vpn (trial) on my test machine, and that worked.

I asked a couple friends who both have outlook.com accounts to send me something, but neither emails arrived. Although, I can send emails to them.

I googled the problem, but found not solution for a fix. I did not change any settings in my outlook account before or after the password change.

This only happened after I changed my password, I've changed it in the past before and had no problems.

So, in short, I can access my account, but unable to receive emails. (apart from my own various accounts).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully a fix.

Thanks

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Have you tried this

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
As you said decided to change all passwords, did you try different browser and device? then ask someone to send it to your email for test?

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I tried wih my other laptop, but no luck.
My passwords are synced through my 3 devices - 2 laptops & mobile phone

• Sad
Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I am not very knowledgeable about pop & imap settings.
These are my settings, I have not altered them:

Attachments

• outlook.png
    outlook.png
    481 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
In relation to the link above:

I have no Sweep rules.
Forcused has always been turned off. If I enable it, Other appears, but there is nothing it it either.

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi
Upvote 0

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018
could it be that your email account was blacklisted? I'm not super knowledgeable about it but there are websites to check if your in a blacklist. i'd suggest you go to "My Microsoft Account" and at the bottom look for "Contact us" to report it to Microsoft Support so they can investigate.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.