I recently returned from a vacation, during which I connected to my hotel's wireless internet. Upon arrival back home, I noticed that my computer was running noticeably slower, and initially ran a scan using MalwareBytes (free edition). That scan did not find any threats. After a few more days, my computer was still running slowly (noticed through increased boot time, browser hanging, high pings in online games, etc) even though the other computer on my home network had no issues.
I then followed the steps here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/. However, after the reboot after running AdwCleaner, my laptop no longer connects to the internet, I can no longer open MS Office, and my antivirus (BitDefender free edition) will not work. There may be other issues, but these are the ones I have noticed.
I would be very appreciative of any help you can offer!!
I then followed the steps here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/. However, after the reboot after running AdwCleaner, my laptop no longer connects to the internet, I can no longer open MS Office, and my antivirus (BitDefender free edition) will not work. There may be other issues, but these are the ones I have noticed.
I would be very appreciative of any help you can offer!!
