Troubleshoot Can't install/uninstall Adguard desktop

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I had uninstalled Adguard awhile back and tried to reinstall today. The installation went very quick, too quick then I couldn't find it anywhere, not showing up in start menu, nothing on the taskbar, and I can't find a Adguard folder in programs folder. Adguard is listed in App Falcon, Geek uninstaller and Wise Program uninstaller. When using these the Adguard uninstaller never starts, it goes straight to the scan for leftover files, I remove them and Adguard is no longer listed in the apps list of the uninstaller. When I try to reinstall, the setup starts and goes very fast, then nothing, no gui, not listed on start menu and no folder? I tried the Adguard Uninstall Utility and the gui never starts but task manager shows the utility running with 20% cpu but it never does anything, will stay at 20% and never show the gui.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: Rengar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
All traces of Adguard were finally removed thanks to BC Uninstaller, search everything found nothing, reinstalled Adguard, 2 processes running, one using no cpu the other a constant 20%. There is no way to open the GUI. I see the Adguard logo on the bottom of my browser so I know it's working, I can click it and get the assistant but no main GUI to enter the license?
  1. Consider incompatibility with other programs you have, what programs did you change recently, and try contacting Adguard Support Team first.
  2. Make sure you have a healthy backup of your system somewhere safe in case of something goes wrong.
  3. Try removing Adguard again, and remove all its remains. So check App data folder in Local and Roaming, check Program Data folder and other usual install paths. Delete everything you find concerning the troublesome program.
  4. Download Registry Finder Installer - both 32-bit and 64-bit SHA1: 8ea56eea9cf65ceaabd3f2e7783142bf853dc036 Archive 32-bit SHA1: 1277014c80997d008a1060b5f45bb14ceee5f619 Archive 64-bit SHA1: 1486f8f167f11110bfda90cfc9d5f0cc9a4853a4 and run it as an Admin (in a case of locked reg keys, try running the program as a "System" user account, just download RunAsSystem from this link https://www.apreltech.com/Downloads/runassystem.exe and try executing Registry Finder from within the app. Type "Adguard" and see what it can find. Take extreme precaution with the results.
  5. Reboot the system.

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
First let me say THANK YOU ALL for your help, apparently it was some conflict with HMP.Alert. I restarted Windows after uninstalling HMP.Alert but still there was no GUI, so I closed all Adguard processes and restarted Adguard and the GUI came up and I input my license, thanks again everyone, I will now reinstall HMP.Alert and see what happens.

Upvote 0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
First let me say THANK YOU ALL for your help, apparently it was some conflict with HMP.Alert. I restarted Windows after uninstalling HMP.Alert but still there was no GUI, so I closed all Adguard processes and restarted Adguard and the GUI came up and I input my license, thanks again everyone, I will now reinstall HMP.Alert and see what happens.
now that's weird since i had no issues and still running it.

Reactions: juhful and Rengar
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.