Like I said in the questions. I first noticed there was a problem when chrome would open a webpage and tell me I was infected and to call whatever number. I closed it immediately everytime and I have followed the guide associated with removing the extension. However, it didn't work. I've removed a lot of threats from my computer. HitmanPro even detected FLV Player when my control panel didn't so I had it removed. The extension is still there though and I'm unsure how to get rid of it. I'm contemplating a full wipe of the hard drive and a clean OS install if I can't remove the virus soon.
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 64-bit (x64)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
The first signs of infection occured maybe a week ago when chrome would randomly open this: http://warn1now.com/opt9/indexrt.php webpage and tell me that my computer was infected. I have never left it open long. I always closed it immediately.
- Current issues and symptoms
- As explained above. Symptoms are the same.
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
- I followed this guide: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/youtubeadblocker-virus-removal/ and the extension is still there. It has some type of permission that doesn't allow me to delete it from the extensions or disable it. It says it is enabled by an enterprise policy.
53.6 KB Views: 261