Basic setup for banking use only
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Bharat Operating System Solutions (BOSS GNU/Linux) (lit. 'India Operating System Solutions') is an Indian Linux distribution based on Debian.
Updated to Debian 13.5. This point release does not constitute a new version of Debian 13 but only updates some of the packages.Switching to Debian 13.4(trixie)
Developed by India's C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing), BOSS Linux—particularly its "Secure BOSS" variant—was built as a digital fortress for government agencies, education, and defense networks.@Captain Awesome
I am interested in your experiences with the security enhanced indian distro. You used it for quite a while, how did it suit you and why return to Debian?
you mean Ulaa (Zoho chromium based?)Added: Ulla Browser
Removed Firefox
fwiw I have Debian 12.13 VM but not my fav...LOVE me some Debian, good to see another stock DEB user.
Switching to MX Linux is an excellent choice if you want the unmatched stability of Debian without the hassle of configuring a complex desktop system from scratch. Debian Stability, Modernized: MX Linux uses the rock-solid base of Debian Stable. However, unlike pure Debian—which keeps packages frozen and old—MX maintains an AHS (Advanced Hardware Support) repository. This gives you newer Linux kernels and updated graphics drivers.I'm thinking of switching to MX Linux. What do you think of it, given that it's based on Debian?
Yeah.you mean Ulaa (Zoho chromium based?)
I just read it doesn't use systemd. I kinda like systemd, i know how it works, and how to configure it.MX Linux
Starting with version 25 (the latest version), it uses systemd. I was planning to install it this week, but version 25.2 will be released soon, so I'm waiting.I just read it doesn't use systemd. I kinda like systemd, i know how it works, and how to configure it.
I tried Ulaa; it worked well, and it's the fastest to launch on my Windows 11 HDD system compared to Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Vivaldi, but I prefer Vivaldi for its customization and overall feel.Added: Ulla Browser
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.