Advanced Security carl fish's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 25, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
Pro 25H2
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
I don't know anything about it
Real-time protection
bitdefender GravityZone
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
everything enabled and setup the way i like
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
none
Browsers and extensions
firefox
last pass
adblock plus
Secure DNS
default dns
Desktop VPN
Express Vpn
Password and passkey manager
Last pass
File and photo backups
external hard disks
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
I back up to an external hard drive
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Browsing the Internet without an ad-blocker
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs

HP Laptop 15-fc0292AU 15.6" FHD Laptop (Ryzen 7)[512GB]​

15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display

AMD Ryzen 7 7730U 8-core processor (16MB cache, 2GHz up to 4.5GHz)

512GB SSD storage with 16GB RAM

AMD Radeon Graphics

1 x HDMI port

1 x USB-A port

2 x USB-C ports

Webcam

Bluetooth v5.3

Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax)

Up to 10 hours 30 mins (typical device usage)
Notable changes
bitdefender GravityZone
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

update removed cyberlock for Appguard solo and removed comodo firewall after rolling back to a clean image, I am still using Deep Instinct I like it so far
The same charm and intellect as his fictional counterpart, a true Marvel among us... I propose a toast to our very own Tony Stark of the MalwareTips Universe! 😊
 
update went back to Eset after rolling back to a clean image and using cyberlock as deep instinct alerts popping up all the time were annoying and after the latest enterprise test i no longer see the point of using enterprise based security at the moment therefore I am sticking with Eset
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top