Kaspersky Internet Security
Hitman Pro Alert
VoodooShield beta
Zemana Antilogger Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Portable
Malwarebytes Antimalware
HitmanPro (scanner included w/HitmanPro Alert)
Zemana
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Cyberfox browser - 64 bit: HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, NoScript, LastPass, No Small Script, & Theme Font & Size Changer.

Vivaldi - 32 bit: Adguard, uMatrix, & LastPass

IE - Tracking Protection - EasyList, EasyPrivacy, PrivacyChoice, + Stop Google Tracking.

Microsoft Edge: None have yet to be installed
Maintenance tools
CCleaner portable version 525
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Use of Backup software is forthcoming whilst the universe awaits a reasonabley priced external HDD, 'Cmon Santa, you know I'm on your "nice" list! ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Removed -
  1. Firefox 64 bit (..though synced, and still in use elsewhere, on linux lubuntu & Mrs. Cat's Windows 10)
  2. Emsisoft Emergency Kit on C Drive (..seemed like overkill as a portable version is also retained on a flash drive)
  3. Zemana Antimalware Premium (It's on my wife's system in support of Windows Defender) ..whilst my system spends more time on the couch reclining in Shadow Mode!:cool: :p
Installed -
  • Key Scrambler Personal (free version) I've deactivated it during start-ups, encrypts 'ALL' key entries, adding a further reach (imo) than HmpAlert's encryption alone. This for my greatest password concern, specifically the security for logging into LastPass itself. We've also added 2 step verification as well.
  • Switched from Local to Microsoft account.
The facts of what prompted my removal of Emsisoft's Emergency Kit, and replacing the version installed on USB:
While updating EEK in a Windows 8.1 VM, it displayed a constant loop, restarting it's update processes. Windows Defender stopped a :eek:malicious process (I only remember it contained "DOS" in it's name).

Edit: I'd forgotten to share the removal of...
  • 4. Opera browser. I liked it, but I didn't use it very much anymore which also explains why I'd not thought to write about it. Oops!:p

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Removed - Microsoft Account,
or more accurately:
  1. logged Off Microsoft, to
  2. log back On
  3. ...thus Switching (back to) - Local Account

I'd actually been using a non-synced Microsoft account for quite a while, and remembered to include that one little tidbit of change on my post :rolleyes: (above),o_O but after reading Logethica's thread,
Are these the 10 best Anti-Hacking Software?
, I've decided to follow @hjlbx's and @exterminator20's not so:eek: little (after all) examples which insure far greater privacy!;) :D

Thank you, gentlemen.:)

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Removed - Pale Moon browser 64 bit

Installed - Zemana Antilogger Premium & Cyberfox browser 64 bit

Although it was more than a little hard for me to let go of Pale Moon (I confess, I'm a bit of a fanboy regardless of it's quirky incompatibilities with some extensions) now, I truly like the familiar speed and ease of Cyberfox; and with it's syncing with our old Firefox settings, setting up was a snap!:D
Ironically, a hiccup with Zemana's not allowing me to type on the address line of Pale Moon was what prompted me to replace it with Cyberfox. When the problem continued, and carried over to Explorer, turning Zemana off, then on again (twice) ultimately rectified the problem.:rolleyes:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Cats-4_Owners-2 Very Very strong config in the whole wolrd bro since you have EIS (The Monster) beside ZAL;) I wonder to know which 3rd Party Firewall are you still using alongside EIS? Could you please mention it? Thank you bro
Hello @Rebsat. Thank you for these encouraging words "..very strong config...EIS (The Monster) Beside ZAL;)". The 3rd Party Firewall is, in fact, a part of Emsisoft's Internet Security Suite; and EIS's firewall is considered by many to be a favorite of satisfied users. I am pleased, now, to count myself as one among them!:):D
images

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Added - VoodooShield beta :):)

Removed - Unauthorized execution of programs & files, and thusly unnecessary worry!:confused: :p

It has actually been two days since I'd installed this very straightforward software. It is very stable with a nearly "set and forget" simplicity. Just opening the programs one uses is all that's required!:cool: I have heard nary a complaint from my wife which is a priceless victory!:D

*Presently*, & while walking back to the computer, the VS Shield was blinking. It seems a command line activity I'd had nothing to do with in turn caused VS to prompt "allow" by clicking the window (if I'd initiated). I did nothing,o_O and the activity :eek:was blocked!:):)
Special "Thanks" @Lucent Warrior for being our Vanguard of testing, and for encouragments both in written & in Video formats, and @frogboy for faithfully displaying the VoodooShield badge (so much like his smooth "frogboy" swimming within Windows 10) and by teaching through pure example!:D

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Added - VoodooShield beta

It has actually been two days since I'd installed this very straightforward software. It is very stable with a nearly "set and forget" simplicity. Just opening the programs one uses is all that's required!:cool: I have heard nary a complaint from my wife which is a priceless victory!:D

*Presently*, Walking back to the computer, the shield was blinking. It seems a command line activity I'd had nothing to do with in turn caused VS to prompt "allow" by clicking the window (if I'd initiated). I did nothing,o_O and the activity :eek:was blocked!*:):)
Special "Thanks" @Lucent Warrior for being our Vanguard of testing, and for encouragments both in written & in Video formats, and @frogboy for faithfully displaying the VoodooShield badge (so much like his smooth "frogboy" swimming within Windows 10) and by teaching through pure example!:D

I've noticed that myself, it has a 20 second countdown. If no action is taken by the user, it blocks it itself

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
LOL :D:p

How do you like VS, my friend?
@King Mellow, I am liking it a lot!:):cool:

I think even a partial quote of Lucent Warrior's says it best,
"unless ...downloading programs several times a day, it will mainly be quiet and just protect the system, ..it literally whitelists your system, and anything new will not run unless you allow it."

Plus there is currently an exciting Giveaway for the Pro Version! VoodooShield Pro Giveaway

Edit: I've just seen you've already entered. Good luck, my friend!:D

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm happy you like it. :) Though VS is quite annoying sometimes. lol

Haha! Yeah. What about you? :) :D
I'd logged off, & was going to sleep because I have to be up tomorrow at 3:40 AM!:confused:
..and then it dawned on me, "What about me??", lol!:p:D

Well, now I am entered; and shall bid you good night, my friend!:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.