CCleaner 5.64.7613 is out (soon)

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Trust no one ;)
But with internet access blocked in windows firewall, it is still the best en most userfriendly cleaner in my opinion.

Thanks Gandalf.

Yeah, I do that too.

1583284949683.png

Just to make sure that I'm doing this correctly...

Is there any need to 'Allow' CCleaner in the firewall when using it?

---------------

CCleaner.com - Choosing which cookies to keep
Piriform - Authors of the hugely popular software CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy.
www.ccleaner.com

CCleaner Intelligent Cookie Scan for Windows (Explained)
Want to know about CCleaner Intelligent Cookie Scan? Check out this post to learn everything you need to know about this feature of CCleaner.
geekermag.com
CCleaner okay for me, long time. Just saying. Just me. Cheers

Thanks bjm_

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019

Nope, there's no need for CCleaner to be allowed in the firewall in my opinion. The only functionality that is affected from blocking CCleaner is the automatic check for updates and the Software Updater under the Tools section.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks Gandalf.

Yeah, I do that too.

View attachment 234253

---------------

Thanks bjm_
Like @Protomartyr says the only things not working are their updater and the software updater.
Using SUMO and PatchMyPC for that.
SUMO (free) to check for updates including portable programs and PatchMYPC to update for example CCleaner.
Personally I have deleted all exes in the CCleaner directory, only keeping CCleaner64.exe and uninst.exe, so I only have to block CCleaner64.exe in my firewall.
Aantekening 2020-03-04 090852.png Aantekening 2020-03-04 090853.png Aantekening 2020-03-04 091244.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.