Ccleaner question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

MrXidus said:
illumination said:
MrXidus said:
When it comes to me wanting to permanently wipe data so it can never be looked at again forget any software.

Industrial strength magnets, welder's torch, sledge hammer, barrels of sulfuric acid and nitric acid, And what ever remains are left will be buried 6 feet under out in the middle of the Australian outback. Thanks. /s

LOL, you sure all that would do it? ;):D

Of course not that's just my minimalistic approach to secure data wiping, I cannot tell you my full method, Never know who is watching what information you reveal online.

I hear Magnesium works wonders! :D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Surprisingly, the damaging of disks by bending the platters by as little as a few millimeters has been found to destroy the disks beyond any form of practical data recovery – even though the data is still intact on them..

D

Deleted member 178

MrXidus said:
Industrial strength magnets, welder's torch, sledge hammer, barrels of sulfuric acid and nitric acid, And what ever remains are left will be buried 6 feet under out in the middle of the Australian outback. Thanks. /s

:lol: why so much hate , the HDD is innocent :D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
MrXidus said:
Many say one pass is enough and many say no it's not enough.

I myself am not to sure on the subject as I don't use any passes, I've tried it for sake and of course the more passes you use the longer the cleaning process.

Google search "is one pass enough?" and read the related articles and other forums discussing the subject.

Disk Wiping One Pass Is Enough (With Screenshots)

Overwriting Hard Drive Data: The Great Wiping Controversy

Data Destruction: Is One Pass Overwriting Enough?

Plenty more pages on Google to look it.

When it comes to me wanting to permanently wipe data so it can never be looked at again forget any software.

W.A ? (Western Australia) I presume lol

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MrXidus said:

True..if you don't want this personal data ever found then why store
it on this media? should be able to just format and send away for recycling!!
When we recycle!, used materials are converted into new products, reducing the need to consume natural resources which are depleting, maybe
not in our lifetime but it will affect our families some generations to come...:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
softwareFREEk said:

Could also be the Northern Territory or South Australia. Their quite dry. Meh, who am I kidding it's dry every round Australia so could be anywhere. ;)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
McLovin said:
softwareFREEk said:

Could also be the Northern Territory or South Australia. Their quite dry. Meh, who am I kidding it's dry every round Australia so could be anywhere. ;)

comin thru Gympie 2 years ago it was NOT dry lol

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
softwareFREEk said:

Well was just up there last week and boy is now, ha. You an Aussie softwareFreek, or live in Australia?

Sorry for the off-topic..

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
softwareFREEk said:
Umbra Corp. said:
MrXidus said:

it on this media? should be able to just format
and send away for recycling!!
When we recycle!, used materials are converted into new products, reducing the need to consume natural resources which are depleting, maybe
not in our lifetime but it will affect our families some generations to come...:)

Not good enough, In my post I said no software. For me it's alot more fun and quicker to use my method rather than waiting countless hours (days in my case) waiting for format software to perform multiple wipes and passes. Thanks ;)

I

illumination

MrXidus said:
softwareFREEk said:
Umbra Corp. said:
MrXidus said:

it on this media? should be able to just format
and send away for recycling!!

Not good enough, In my post I said no software. For me it's alot more fun and quicker to use my method rather than waiting countless hours (days in my case) waiting for format software to perform multiple wipes and passes. Thanks ;)

For some reason i can picture you with the whole Leather Apron, Rubber "elbow high" gloves, and grinning from ear to ear while doing this your preferred way! :D :butcher: :D

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
McLovin said:
softwareFREEk said:

Well was just up there last week and boy is now, ha. You an Aussie softwareFreek, or live in Australia?

Sorry for the off-topic..

born a Scotsman but been livin in Aus for like ever, I was up in Gympie meself just before Christmas then on to Harvey Bay for a spell than back thru Brisvegas and beyond and yes McLovin dry as a nuns :)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
I just don't part with my HDD's that have been replaced for a multitude of reasons.
One day they will meet the sledge and then become part of a concrete footing on a high-rise building somewhere..
sort of recycling and saving on concrete :rolleyes: by the time they dig it up I will be in another parallel universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.