New Update CD Quality Internet Radio and HiRes Internet Radio

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
i've never been a fan of the compressed MP3 audio files that came up in the early 90s. So was was glad to see that there is a small number of radio stations offering CD quality (and better):

Lossless FLAC Streams - Updated 28/12/2021​

HiRes 24-bit96kHz radio streams - 05/01/2022​

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...currently i dont have any hardware for Hi-Res music... ...but im enjoying the 'old-school' bit rate/CD-bitrate. About 4 weeks ago i subscribed to 'QoBuz'. This streaming provider is also offering higher bitrates... ...and i guess i will stay with it for a while. (y)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Most people cannot hear the difference between audio from mp3 320kbps vs any other lossless format.
You eventually can, using studio monitors or if you are using high-quality headphones for music production.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Most people cannot hear the difference between audio from mp3 320kbps vs any other lossless format.
You eventually can, using studio monitors or if you are using high-quality headphones for music production.
I used to enjoy FLAC format pretty much every day, but it's a thing of past now. Because of my excessive usage of headphones, I have tinitus now and i can't differentiate between 128 kbps and 320 kbps. So I am happy with whatever Spotify provides.

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Oct 14, 2021
Hi, I know I can hear the difference, I have Bose speakers & JBL CLUB ONE around-ear Headphones, to me there is so much depth & clarity in Lossless formats compared to AAC or MP3.
It can be extremely difficult to tell the difference between FLAC 16/44.1 & 24/96-192.
My equipment is not much, but I truly believe I can hear the difference.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.