Advice Request Changing the scale size in Windows 11

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi, I was thinking to ask what Scale setting you guys love to use?
I currently use 150. I like it.

1640961264094.png

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I go to eye checkup every six months, but also noticed that having the scaling set to 150 makes Windows looks more nice!
I have an old monitor bought it on 2014.
It is 2560 X 1080 Ultrawide 21:9 monitor.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
It depends on displays size, resolution and your eyesight...
But I use 125% on my 17" 1920x1080 laptop screen.
For 2560X1440, which scale size you recommend. I personally like 150 with my current 2560X1440.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Nice post

Reactions: Nevi and show-Zi

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Always 100%, as some Software has problems with scale over that.
I now use 150% in a distance of 3 meters from my monitor. Everything in Win11 looks a bit bold and very sharp for me now.
That software you said about, must fix and update their software.

Last edited:
L

Local Host

I now use 150% in a distance of 3 meters from my monitor. Everything in Win11 looks a bit bold and very sharp for me now.
That software you said about, must fix and update their software.
This is not specific to one Software and Windows DPI scaling always been buggy. You really not supposed to use the monitor so far away, for that you should get a TV.

Reactions: amirr

Jineshsethia

Level 1
Jul 8, 2022
Hi, I was thinking to ask what Scale setting you guys love to use?
I currently use 150. I like it.

View attachment 263260

How to change display scale with custom settings on Windows 11​

You shouldn't change the scale settings using custom values because it affects the viewing experience. However, if it's necessary and you do it correctly, it may work just fine.

To set a custom scale size of a display, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click the Display page on the right side.
  4. Under the "Scale & layout" section, select the Scale setting.

1. Under the "Custom scaling" section, configure a custom scaling size between 100% to 500%.Quick tip: If you want to increase the size of text, apps, and other items, you can try using 110% as the new scale value.

2. Click the Check button.
  3. Click the Sign out now button.
  4. Sign back into the account.

After you complete the steps, the system will apply the setting you specified.

In case Windows isn't scaling things correctly, repeat the steps to select a different value to increase or decrease scaling value until you land in the correct configuration.

You can always revert the changes using the same instructions outlined above, but on step 4, click the Turn off custom scaling and sign out option.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
What would be the perfect size for 32-inch 4k monitor, I'm planning to have one.
You can opt to leave it at 100%, to see if that is good enough too, however.

If you need or want the increase, I would recommend setting the scaling to 150% and if that is too much lower it to 125% (within Windows display settings). It depends on preference and how far away you're from the monitor. After that, you can adjust the font sizes and such based on preference, but usually just increasing the scaling setting is enough.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

9 months passed from the post above, in Reddit:

Still MS did not fix this in Windows 11. Any idea why? Noticed that it also says:
"
This thread has been locked by the moderators of r/Windows11
New comments cannot be posted"
Why?!

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Still MS did not fix this in Windows 11. Any idea why? Noticed that it also says:

"This thread has been locked by the moderators of r/Windows11
New comments cannot be posted"
Why?!
You will need to contact the Moderators on that sub-reddit.

Not every user-reported bug or issue will be fixed.

Reactions: amirr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.