Advice Request Choosing best SSD brand

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Best SSD Brand?

• Total voters

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
When taking everything into account, Samsung is the leader in SSD performance and innovation imho.
Agree, I would list the top 2 as:
1. Samsung
2. Seagate
I have 2 Seagate Firecuda Hybrid drives that are wicked fast, when I next go to full SSD I will either go Seagate or Samsung.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have installed on my old laptop the Samsung EVO 850 for over 2 years now.
The increase of speed will give you a big smile.
It has 5 years warranty and i am using it in SATA II connection,if you have SATA III you will take the full advantage of the SSD.
So far this SSD is running very good without any decrease in performance ( i tested last month and disk health is 100% ).
That's great for me because i always install and uninstall software and i was concerned that this behaviour will cause
problem much sooner that i was expected.
A second good choice would be Corsair.
Some of my friends are using it and they are very happy with its performance. Also Corsair is cheaper than Samsung.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have installed on my old laptop the Samsung EVO 850 for over 2 years now.
The increase of speed will give you a big smile.
It has 5 years warranty and i am using it in SATA II connection,if you have SATA III you will take the full advantage of the SSD.
So far this SSD is running very good without any decrease in performance ( i tested last month and disk health is 100% ).
That's great for me because i always install and uninstall software and i was concerned that this behaviour will cause
problem much sooner that i was expected.
A second good choice would be Corsair.
Some of my friends are using it and they are very happy with its performance. Also Corsair is cheaper than Samsung.
Is there any way to check SATA type on my computer? Thanks for your detailed recommend

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I think you can find this information from your HDD. If you can check it on the net you can see what type of connection is using
Speccy shows me that my SATA type is SATA-III, I don't know if it's right or not
QFzOnNS.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
May I ask you those who pick Samsung, why would you use then after the phone drama that taken place last year?
They have different divisions within the company... You think your SSD might explode too? :rolleyes:

Based on the company’s own investigation and independent scientific analysis of the issues by three consulting bodies, the overheating was caused by separate problems in batteries sourced from two different suppliers.

In the case of batteries sourced from Samsung SDI, there wasn’t enough room between the heat-sealed protective pouch around the battery and its internals. In the worst scenarios, that caused electrodes inside each battery to crimp, weaken the separator between the electrodes, and cause short circuiting.1

In the case of batteries sourced from Amperex Technology Limited, some cells were missing insulation tape, and some batteries had sharp protrusions inside the cell that led to damage to the separator between the anode and cathode. The batteries also had thin separators in general, which increased the risks of separator damage and short circuiting.
Source: Samsung Finally Reveals Why the Note 7 Kept Exploding

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I would have said WD if it wasn't about SSDs(soon tho WD will release SSDs) but Samsung is a clear winner here.

But in reliability and performance Samsung EVO SSDs are the best.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.