Advice Request Clean Master for PC

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, I have noticed some people have lost their respect with CCleaner since Avast bought piriform so I'm looking for an alternative and noticed some people recommend "clean master for pc" has anyone used this or do you have any recommendations.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if you don't trust ccleaner, you shouldn't trust clean master because it's privacy policy is a joke. They collect a lot more than ccleaner
clean master = cheetah mobile

if you like ccleaner, use ccleaner 5.32, the version before they are bought and before being hacked
it's perfectly fine and I find no issue or no functional loss compared to the new versions

if you are afraid, you can block ccleaner64.exe using your firewall

alternatives: wise disk cleaner, privazer
however, ccleaner has its own advantages and can't be replaced effectively

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
if you don't trust ccleaner, you shouldn't trust clean master because it's privacy policy is a joke. They collect a lot more than ccleaner
clean master = cheetah mobile

if you like ccleaner, use ccleaner 5.32, the version before they are bought and before being hacked
it's perfectly fine and I find no issue or no functional loss compared to the new versions

if you are afraid, you can block ccleaner64.exe using your firewall

alternatives: wise disk cleaner, privazer
however, ccleaner has its own advantages and can't be replaced effectively

Wise Disk Cleaner failed to remove junks from Google Chrome and Edge browser. It doesn't remove any junk at all when I run it on my PC. :mad:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Wise Disk Cleaner failed to remove junks from Google Chrome and Edge browser. It doesn't remove any junk at all when I run it on my PC. :mad:
it means you might not set it up correctly
I did clean up everything for me
but for browser cleanup, no one is better than ccleaner

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use it myself. It was not updated for a few years, after being released, but they finally released a new version last year.

It does a very good job of cleaning junk files. The PC Boost feature, disables a lot of unwanted startup items, but I do add some items to the ignore list, rather than letting it remove everything it wants to. The free version has advertising for the paid Pro version (but you can often get this as a giveaway). The paid version includes a driver updater, Clean Master Driver Booster, which is the same as Wise Driver Care

Clean Master works well, but I would recommend using Wise Disk Cleaner instead of this, as aside from privacy concerns, it has a much better user interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.