• Updated some strings of Turkish translation
  • Updated some strings of Ukrainian translation
  • Updated some strings of Chinese Simple translation
Fixed
  • Fixed a typo in the path to the Datatables JavaScript file
  • Fixed #445
  • Fixed #462
Added
  • Added check for setBadgeTextColor function (only supported in Firefox)
Removed
  • Removed browser-polyfill content script import (seems no longer needed)
  • Removed old applications value

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
1.17.0 only for firefox :( (official) and for CleanURLs does't clean "&sclient=psy-ab" (#463) · Issues · Kevin / ClearURLs dev not reply !
Another bug,i see freezing edge stable/canary ,after disable It comes back, I ask a lot of question marks, it is a good extension but something is not right!
Form me ,i disable FOREVER !This dev does not exude confidence !
Have you tested with other extensions? Tested NeatURL and URL tracking stripper, none of them cleaned the url you posted.

I assume it isn't in their rules. So, it would make sense that it wasn't cleaned.

Checked with Adguard Extension, it's not in their rules:
utm_source,utm_medium,utm_term,utm_campaign,utm_content,utm_name,utm_cid,utm_reader,utm_viz_id,utm_pubreferrer,utm_swu,utm_referrer,utm_social,utm_social-type,utm_place,utm_userid,utm_channel,fb_action_ids,fb_action_types,fb_ref,fb_source

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Have you (@eXDj ) tested with other extensions? Tested NeatURL and URL tracking stripper, none of them cleaned the url you posted.

I assume it isn't in their rules. So, it would make sense that it wasn't cleaned.

Checked with Adguard Extension, it's not in their rules:
utm_source,utm_medium,utm_term,utm_campaign,utm_content,utm_name,utm_cid,utm_reader,utm_viz_id,utm_pubreferrer,utm_swu,utm_referrer,utm_social,utm_social-type,utm_place,utm_userid,utm_channel,fb_action_ids,fb_action_types,fb_ref,fb_source

I explained how to add Google search operands to AdGuard's stelathmode and how to limit stealthmode for google websites only (by adding one user rule):

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Correlate You could benefit from this extension. Example;

1587149111692.png

Unless you're a bot.

Last edited:

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I'd like to use this extension but i'm worried if its safe and private. I know its opensource, but for small projects (a few thousands of downloads), it doesn't necessarily means it has been checked by knowledge users. I know firefox recomended the extension too, and firefox claims to perform some degree of analysis about if its safe, but is that enough?

Someone could help me with that? Have you tested if it call home? What about the author, can he be trusted?

I already use adguard that claims to do the same thing as clearURLS, if you use the invisible mode

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Someone could help me with that? What about the author, can he be trusted?

I don't know how you test the trustworthiness of the developer. It is recommended by FF, as you pointed out, and it has folks who have opened issues. And probably enough users with enough technical knowledge to have vetted it generally, though not a huge number of total users. I think you maybe are over-cautious. If you aren't comfortable using it, stick to very popular extensions.

Have you tested if it call home?

It does check the server occasionally for rule updates. I haven't checked any more than that, and my technical knowledge is limited.
sometimes I saw that it uses CPU high and therefore I sometimes have to disable it.

You don't say how much CPU it is using but there may be a couple of reasons you are experiencing this:

1. It checks periodically for rule updates which may use more CPU, though I haven't ever noticed it.

2. There is an issue that is 7 months old which you can check out Issue #256 . There you will read that a likely culprit may be a conflict with another extension, which you may check for yourself.

As with anything related to computers, my technical knowledge is limited but this is my take on the subject.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
@oldschool I've been using since yesterday and notice 2 bugs at leasts.

If you want to test whether the extension(s) can block eTags (aka cookieless cookies) test at below site

Lucb1e.com :: Cookieless Cookies

1)The eTag block seems to not be working properly. I made some tests with ClearURLs and the mentioned site still remind me. After cleaning all my cache, it forgets about all my visits, but starts to count again after that, even with ClearURLs enabled and reset to its defaults settings. I tested it with Chrome and Edge 83

1590276990493.png

The image was made with Edge

2) With EDGE, There is an issue when clicking above the extension - and so opening its tab - and then (after any time) clicking again to close it. The extension acts like i was trying to move it through my extension bar

Click to see the video 👆

3) Not an issue. Just to say, it clear URLS better than adguard. For example, adguard doesnt clean google searchs, but clearURLs does.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@oldschool I've been using since yesterday and notice 2 bugs at leasts.

1)The eTag block seems to not be working properly. I made some tests with ClearURLs and the mentioned site still remind me. After cleaning all my cache, it forgets about all my visits, but starts to count again after that, even with ClearURLs enabled and reset to its defaults settings. I tested it with Chrome and Edge 83

View attachment 240956
The image was made with Edge

2) With EDGE, There is an issue when clicking above the extension - and so opening its tab - and then (after any time) clicking again to close it. The extension acts like i was trying to move it through my extension bar

Click to see the video 👆

3) Not an issue. Just to say, it clear URLS better than adguard. For example, adguard doesnt clean google searchs, but clearURLs does.

I'm having the same thing on Edge. On Firefox the page visit count stopped at 2. The extension also seems to work better on Firefox in general. I had a lot of random high CPU usage issue and had to disable and re-enable the extension to fix while never had any issue on Firefox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.