Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Cylance Smart Antivirus has been discontinued. Wouldn't use it anymore if I were you.Dusted off the ol' transcoder rig. No decent GPU right now. Looking for a VastArmor RX 6750 XT when prices stabilize.
The Ryzen transcodes at a similar pace to the other unit we have that had the rtx2080 when using ffmpeg.
Thanks for the heads up. My Cylance licence is perpetual... I wonder how long Blackberry will keep up legacy support.Cylance Smart Antivirus has been discontinued. Wouldn't use it anymore if I were you.
I also have a lifetime license. But even tho it's AI-based and doesn't need regular signature updates, I wouldn't risk using it anymore.Thanks for the heads up. My Cylance licence is perpetual... I wonder how long Blackberry will keep up legacy support.
Roger that. Swapped it for Avira Security.I also have a lifetime license. But even tho it's AI-based and doesn't need regular signature updates, I wouldn't risk using it anymore.
Well, that was fast.Roger that. Swapped it for Avira Security.
In Device recovery & backup, You should add a full image system backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect or AOEM BackUpper.
Thanks for the ideas. I have tried a few password managers over the last year and in the end I went with the one that had the most compatibility with ease of use and value. LastPass was the least bad. I like AOMEI Backupper but backups right now are to USB (mostly homework etc). I'll get on to a more substantial solution when I have more to backup. There is nothing important on this computer and the games folders sync with the local NAS for each kid's account and that's just to save redownloading. I tried a couple of the standard "hardening" scripts but they don't work at all well when kids accounts are installed so I gave up.A nice config. Personally I would ditch Lastpass not because of security but for privacy concerns. Lastpass has the highest number of embedded trackers.
I would also replace NordLocker with the open-source Cryptomator.
Synology DiskStation DS416 running DSM 7.1-42661 Update 3, Weekly system scan with "AV Essentials", 2-factor logon, non-standard admin name, always on Vypr VPN (NAT firewall enabled). I think it auto-updates the OS but apps require manual updating. TLS set to "modern only", 5 failed logins from an untrusted client locks them out. Default firewall and one QuickConnect ID defined. NextDNS' vanilla dns servers.@harlan4096 is the one that changed your thread Tag from " At-Risk " to " Advanced Security " and the main reason was your AV protection, and nothing else. The rest of your configuration is already more then good enough, so I wouldn't worry for a second. Your choice of password manager and even the cloud backup solution, is very smart. Personal I extra liked to see you even use a VPN.
Using a 3rd party backup solution is a tool to simply help yourself in a case of emergency, hardware or software error/issue. Windows own clunky recovery environment still ain't bulletproof even if improved. For a few folders or files as you said, sure you can always do that easy to the cloud, USB and a NAS, but a full system backup is what's easy to miss out on as it will save you huge amount of time and energy, instead of have to manually start all over. Less headache so to say and it's not a requirement for your Tag, but still a very good basic advice/tip. You could also use Windows own built-in backup solution for a full system image. Available also in Windows 11. It's just a bit harder to find nowadays as Microsoft had the less bright idea of hide it away and enforce users to click a bit too much. Nevermind it says " Windows 7 " as it might confuse ( same in Windows 11 ). It's simply Microsoft being lazy and not updating it proper. Start/Settings/
Another thing you do mention that I wonder if you don't mind to share, is what vendor/model is the NAS?
home sales discontinued. existing lic is maintained under corporate. mine just updated yesterday to new version.Cylance Smart Antivirus has been discontinued. Wouldn't use it anymore if I were you.
Thanks for the heads up! Do I just need to login to my old Smart Antivirus dashboard and download the installer from there? And if so, will it simply update to the endpoint version?home sales discontinued. existing lic is maintained under corporate. mine just updated yesterday to new version.
And it looks like a rollback to an earlier UI.home sales discontinued. existing lic is maintained under corporate. mine just updated yesterday to new version.
To be fair they are not selling it anymore. When did you get the license?Cylance such a mess. It's giving me "account full" error when I don't have any devices registered. I tried to reach customer support and they don't know. It's incredible that they are selling an AV that can't get past the activation process. Trash.
I will just download kaspersky security cloud instead
Maybe 1-2 years ago.To be fair they are not selling it anymore. When did you get the license?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.