App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I love VoodooShield:) - I would happily pay for a lifetime license if that option was available. Hopefully it may be in the future. I have already purchased in the past lifetime license for different security software:- MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, Sandboxie,
you can email the developer and ask him how you can get the lifetime license :)
I already had a 4-year license (giveaway) and when I asked him, he replied that I had to buy a 3-year license extra so he could make my license to 100 years. It may be different if you ask him again :)

3-year license is very expensive for me :(

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I am a fan of Voodooshield and also a pentester...I bought a license because I like voodooshield as a personal protection and running side-by-side with any AV. However, Voodooshield is not persistence and easily killed by "taskkill" command inside a macro code. Should look into this and improve its persistence.
The developer is aware of that. I've asked him various time to fix that issue but still is not fixed, because it's a targeted attack and it's not a really relevant issue right now, considering few people know about VS

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
The developer is aware of that. I've asked him various time to fix that issue but still is not fixed, because it's a targeted attack and it's not a really relevant issue right now, considering few people know about VS
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks that VS is hardly known outside these walls. I had a run in with the developer not so long ago, didn't believe that in the real world VS is unheard of to the real average Joe... Must Thinks his company is as large as Symantec lol.

However, Voodooshield is not persistence and easily killed by "taskkill" command inside a macro code
You're right and the developer should make some line of defense because they already have access to kernel-mode since they have an EV digital signature so by not adding enhanced self defence they are sort of not using their resources to the best of their ability I think, but at the same time I think macro's are flawed in itself and it is better to just not use Microsoft Office, or use it with macro's disabled in the first place if you want to be secure.

I doubt you'll find any macro in the wild which targets VS though. The malware authors I doubt have heard of VS

So with this taken into account, the developer probably doesn't care about doing self-defence and probably has more important things to focus on

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.