CMC Cyber Security

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I think we throw around the word "terrible" too loosely. It's a respectable company. Can you tell us what engine it uses? :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: Sorrento

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's a respectable company. Can you tell us what engine it uses? :unsure:
While it may be a respectable company, it is terrible at detecting malware and always has been. It doesn't matter if the publisher is respectable or not when a product fails at detecting malware. For example, TotalAV, which is published by an untrustworthy company, is quite good at detecting malware, because it is using Avira signatures.

CMC use their own engine and have never licensed any other engines.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Installer is not on English,but it's simple to change the UI to English after the installation...eicar file not detected..that's all I have to say, there was a thread about this on wilders security a few years back with the same results low detection rate....

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Man, I gotta be honest here, you sound like a shill for the company. You "invite us to test it" and then argue against any opinion against the product.

It's a no-name company with a website filled with poor grammar and engrish. That doesn't exactly fill any prospective customer with confidence. Add to the fact that Roger_M, who I don't always agree with but I DO respect his experiences, says it's a trash heap. I'm inclined to trust his word on this one.
I invite you to test it and share your thoughts

It's a respectable company

It is not useless. It is a pretty good security suite. I wish you guys wouldn't criticize it so much

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Man, I gotta be honest here, you sound like a shill for the company. You "invite us to test it" and then argue against any opinion against the product.

It's a no-name company with a website filled with poor grammar and engrish. That doesn't exactly fill any prospective customer with confidence. Add to the fact that Roger_M, who I don't always agree with but I DO respect his experiences, says it's a trash heap. I'm inclined to trust his word on this one.

I just tested it and it confirms that it is ineffective ....

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I wish I was. CMC Corp is a pretty large Vietnamese company. I imagine they pay well. But sadly, I am not. I just discovered the software recently.

The test is available and the result is bad.
As I noted, its base is too weak and it has no defensive shields, which is insufficient in 2022.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
The test is available and the result is bad.
If you're referring to the latest video on your YouTube channel, I understood almost nothing from it. It's just random windows with links and music. No explanations with text on screen or in the description, no voiceover telling us what you're doing... :confused:

Reactions: [correlate]

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
If you're referring to the latest video on your YouTube channel, I understood almost nothing from it. It's just random windows with links and music. No explanations with text on screen or in the description, no voiceover telling us what you're doing... :confused:

The description is very complete, I think you had not read it.
I always put the passages (Malware Test, Fake crack etc) when I go to the test.

On the other hand yes I don't speak because I have a bad level in English and I use the software DeepL to answer (I speak French, and English I have a lot of trouble)

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What other software would you recommend pairing this with in order to improve the security of a PC?

It is not with CMC that you will improve your security :/

If you are on Windows 10 or 11, leave Windows Defender which is very efficient.
If you want a paid antivirus, my choice is F-Secure

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.