List of apps to compare
Combo (ESET IS + HitmanPro.Alert) and Sophos Home Premium
What I am most interested about
Learning curve (Ease of Use)
Graphical User Interface
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
Hello
My HitmanPro.Alert license finishes in 14 days and I like very much this software. Currently I use it together ESET IS but I have also to renew ESET IS license in 2 months.
I just learn here https://malwaretips.com/threads/sophos-home-premium.80736/page-9 that SHP is a very good anti-virus and that it includes HMPA.
So if I replace the combo HMPA + ESET IS with SHP, it will be a lot less expensive for me. But I don't Know if the protection is worth.
What is your opinion?
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Hello @davisd
You made exclusions on "Local Exclusions" , but is it necessary to made the same exclusions on "Exceptions" ?
Nop. Read these both Sophos Home articles how to deal with PUA/FP's and make proper scan/folder exceptions.

Resolving PUA detected through the installed Sophos Home software

Setting scan exceptions

I also recommend, if you are new user to Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium, go through all these articles to have better understanding of Interface/web dashboard and how to configure each settings. They are small and easy understandable.

Configuring Sophos Home – Sophos Home Help

JB007

Level 15
Verified
Nop. Read these both Sophos Home articles how to deal with PUA/FP's and make proper scan/folder exceptions.

Setting scan exceptions

I also recommend, if you are new user to Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium, go through all these articles to have better understanding of Interface/web dashboard and how to configure each settings. They are small and easy understandable.

Thanks+++ @davisd :)

Raiden

Level 10
Content Creator
Verified

Setting scan exceptions

Thanks for the links! I should have read some of them sooner, rather than taking the pffft, I don't need to read any manuals.... 2 hours later... I should have read the manuals approach. I didn't know you could set it up so that you can access the settings page without typing in your password every time!

HarborFront

Level 45
Content Creator
Verified
HMPA is anti-exploit, while OSA is post-exploitation, so yes they run and complement well together.
So is it good to run ESET IS with exploit protection, HMPA as an anti-exploit and OSA with post-exploitation together?

Reactions: JB007
D

Deleted member 178

So is it good to run ESET IS with exploit protection, HMPA as an anti-exploit and OSA with post-exploitation together?
You already know my opinion about layering a suite with other tool ;)
if a suite can't fill the gaps, find one who does.

Right now I am running HMPA and Windows Defender. But I wonder which AV's HMPA recommends, NOT IS SUITES.
Sophos includes HMPA, the choice is quick, if i cant live without HMPA and i need a suite, i would go Sophos because of the better compatibility/integration.

the golden rule in a layered security setup is compatibility/softs interaction, not recklessly and blindly stockpiling features.

I

illumination

Before adding several unneeded applications and introducing more bugs to your system in the process, why not take a stroll through Eset's advanced settings and realize, you have enough features and options to really increase your security. Eset is a full suite, and has enough tweakable options to secure you.