Not open for further replies.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Source: Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Release!!! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS

Hello Everyone !
smiley.gif

Here we are very excited to announce that the Comodo Cloud Antivirus first public beta version is now released !

Best Protection & Best Performance for zero day attacks with Real Time Protection !

We are here to provide you the best real time protection with this lightweight package consisting two important components; Cloud Antivirus + Sandbox.

We would appreciate receiving your feedbacks, wish and bug reports for the beta built 1.0.373001.66.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new?

- User Interface :

A brand new user interface in which we aimed to increase usability, navigation , effectiveness and keep the simplicity.

- Run as Trusted Application option:

Right click an application and select “ Run as Trusted Application” , the app runs as trusted application. Simple !

- An new - easy to apply Sandbox setting: “Run only Safe Applications”

Block all the malicious and unknown applications.

- Actionable Lists:

The option to select an action and apply it easily on seperated or all applications in the Detected Threats, View Quarantine and Sandboxed Application lists.

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Version
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/beta/ccav_installer.exe

Last edited by a moderator:

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
thats a surprise for me. i thoug i need to wait years for a release,lol. lets test it in a vm. :)

Edit: Works quit nice on the first run. I like the Sandbox settings "Block all potential harmful applications" and "run all potential harmful applications" its like a sandbox and a anti-executable whatever u want to chose.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Can you run Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Version with Malwarebtyes Anit-Malware. Or Webroot? Any thoughts?

Also, any slow down in the computer at start up and/or general surfing the internet?

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Can you run Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Version with Malwarebtyes Anit-Malware. Or Webroot? Any thoughts?
im pretty sure u can. i run it with zemana antimalware(realtimeprotection) no problems so far. malwarebytes/Webroot are made as second layer of protection so it should work just fine.

H

hjlbx

Comodo never releases any technical infos. Besides, it is beta - so - Comodo probably really don't know. Even if they did, it is highly unlikely they would provide such infos.

This is very 1st public release so who knows what conflicts it may cause, even with softs designed to work with it. It hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Unfortunately, the pat answer is, you have to try it on your specific system to see if it works.

I have W10 beater system that I will install CCA on and try out later tonight, early tomorrow.

Ludditus

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2015
Detection is pathetic. On a set of 60 infected files of [2015-09-23] from this forum, CCAV only removed 6 (10%), leaving 54 files.

As a comparison, the new IOBit Malware Fighter 4 Beta, which includes Bitdefender signatures, only left 8 files, removing 52 (87%).
(Note: I hate when people specify the number of detections. What matters is how many files are removed, because sometimes several detections can be triggered by a single file if it's a Setup, an archive or other kind of a bundle.)

Reactions: Deleted member 178
H

hjlbx

Detection is pathetic. On a set of 60 infected files of [2015-09-23] from this forum, CCAV only removed 6 (10%), leaving 54 files.

As a comparison, the new IOBit Malware Fighter 4 Beta, which includes Bitdefender signatures, only left 8 files, removing 52 (87%).
(Note: I hate when people specify the number of detections. What matters is how many files are removed, because sometimes several detections can be triggered by a single file if it's a Setup, an archive or other kind of a bundle.)

That's just how it is with Comodo products. The sandbox is the primary protection, detection is not considered a primary protection.

Reactions: vivid

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015

IOBIt is really good now. Nice to see it peforms well. Cant wait for further improvments. As for Comodo Antivirus the signatures were always moderate. I think peope use it more for the Firewall + Sandbox. Lets see what it will look like when its out of Beta.

Ludditus

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2015
Yeah, I know the Sandbox is "the thing" with COMODO (HIPS too, albeit terribly annoying), but I was expecting more like 40% detection. With only 10%, I'd never trust the automatic sandboxing well enough to only rely on it.

H

hjlbx

Yeah, I know the Sandbox is "the thing" with COMODO (HIPS too, albeit terribly annoying), but I was expecting more like 40% detection. With only 10%, I'd never trust the automatic sandboxing well enough to only rely on it.

This is probably the reason. Comodo releases CCA, but yet doesn't have the infrastructure in-place to fully support a truly 100 % cloud AV.

That's just an educated guess...

Reactions: Kuttz

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
I wanted to add. For me as a former CS 1.6 Player. Comodo is a no-go. I suspect their Firewall filters a little bit too much.
Did anyone other than me made this observation on FPS-Shooters?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wanted to add. For me as a former CS 1.6 Player. Comodo is a no-go. I suspect their Firewall filters a little bit too much.
Did anyone other than me made this observation on FPS-Shooters?
Please report this on Comodo Forums, (Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Beta Release!!! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS). There's no Firewall.

The installer is 3.9MB, Melih lie. :p Overall from the screenshot, it looks like a promising security app. :)

@Umbra What do you think of this Beta product?

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

Now, run missing files...

Scan it's a little bug, when you try to run files comodo catch them

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Ludditus: Well Comodo capabilities are design to be way complex which why the logic of prevention is differet from a typical one. Glad that Comodo as a plan to release a standalone sandbox since their AV protection is mess at current development phase (Beta) if still persist.

Reactions: vivid

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Looks interesting I might try it out a few months from now because I don't have a vm setup and I don't really want to run it on my host machine because it is probably really buggy.

H

hjlbx

Testing at this moment on W10.
  • Simple interface:
  1. Very easy to use
  2. Very easy to learn
  • Run applications virtually (no application access restriction settings)
  • 76 MB at idle (63 + 13 MB = antivirus); these values will be different for your specific system
Conceptually it is a winner.

PS - No User's Manual or Help at this time and no technical infos about what access restrictions sandbox applies to applications run inside sandbox.

Cannot download files and save to system from sandboxed browser (at least not on my system). I would expect to be able to save files to Download directory; maybe not yet enabled since 1st release.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
What could be the advantage between Comodo Cloud Antivirus Vs Comodo Anti Virus ?? No offline signatures resulting lower program size ? If that is the case I think Comodo Anti Virus may be a better choice over this pure cloud AV.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Basically they prefer protection over detection? So, how to save already "infected" pc with this product?

Reactions: Andrew999
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.