Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Comodo Cloud Antivirus v.1.10.413855.478 - HotFix Released

Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.10.413855.478 - HotFix Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

Hi All,
We have released v1.10.413855.478 hot-fix, only change in this on top of last v476 release is following:

Fixes:
- Incompatibility with upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 2 Update

You could see all kind of GUI issues in Windows system. So all Windows 10 instances of CCAV must update prior to updating to Redstone - 2 update.

Setup URL: http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
SHA-1: 99248770af4f20e6eade03141d4aef1ee365343e

Updates have also been released to all existing users.

We will be making next CCAV release with bunch of features in ~2 weeks. Stay tuned.

Thank you all for your help making this product better.

Thanks
-umesh

With best Regards
Mops21

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
anyone test it???
I tested it last night.

1 It does not make excessive use of system resources. That is a big improvement.
2 The files that were queued to be uploaded for examination were just sitting there. They were not actually uploaded.
3 I found it to be very buggy. It performed like Comodo at its worst.

Reactions: nikos200

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
just do not use this product and use CIS or CF instead
in my quick test, it was infected by a malware which was mistakenly marked as safe via valkyrie

so in rare cases in real life, you may get infected in the same way
although valkyrie is good but human mistakes can break the whole thing

the resource usage is about the same as CF but CF has been proven to be better

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
I'm running a scan on another computer right now, been going for 3 hours and the valkyrie analysis results haven't updated yet. It says Trusted: 0 Malicious: 0 Being Analyzed: 0. Are unrecognized files submitted during or after the scan is complete and when do we get notified?

nikos200

Level 3
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
sanboxed files are analyzed first by valkyrie for faster results then the others :)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'm running a scan on another computer right now, been going for 3 hours and the valkyrie analysis results haven't updated yet.
Good to know CCAV is still barely functional almost two years after release. :rolleyes:

Are unrecognized files submitted during or after the scan is complete and when do we get notified?
I believe unrecognised files are collected during the scan and submitted to Valkyrie for analysis after the scan is completed. You won't be notified; the number of unrecognised files will go down while the trusted number will go up. Anything deemed malicious by Valkyrie will be automatically quarantined. (Valkyrie's prone to false positives so just be aware of that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.