Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.0.379757.116

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

There is a prob & Devs have mentioned they will check whats the prob.

Me & 1 more users reported the prob. CCAV is using lots of bandwidth, dont know why the huge bandwidth usage, uploads or dont know what.

My experience - I installed CCAV & tested the usability with quite a few programs installation. All the installers were latest & already downloaded, during test nothing update/upgraded, no Windows Updates, etc... nothing. But after test app 1.29 GB of my bandwidth was used.

The other user too experienced the same.

More info here -
Change the way CCAV connect to COMODO DNS/server (bandwidth eater) - Wishlist - CCAV

@yesnoo - thanks for infos.

CCAV will be ready in about 3 years.

D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo - thanks for infos.

CCAV will be ready in about 3 years.
They messed up the very first release & that too with delayed release & best product:D promise. Heck the release version dont even register in Windows Security Center & this was reported many times by many users during beta...I dont know what they mean by "We are closely following all the bugs & probs mentioned in the thread":rolleyes:

Lets see when, what & how CCAV next release turns out.

H

hjlbx

They messed up the very first release & that too with delayed release & best product:D promise. Heck the release version dont even register in Windows Security Center & this was reported many times by many users during beta...I dont know what they mean by "We are closely following all the bugs & probs mentioned in the thread":rolleyes:

Lets see when, what & how CCAV next release turns out.

I just forget about it for now. I've been through this way too many times with COMODO products. Best policy is to wait a long time before trying.

I expect CIS 9 to have newly introduced bugs + none of the old, critical bugs fixed.

LOL... I think that will be the end of me and COMODO.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Im in love with ccav as an sandbox software. Turning cloud off its a great product right now. I just hope they dont mess the only thing that works on ccav with the next release, and I trully hope they dont take 8 more months to release it...

edit.: Btw.. I did see something fishy on the bandwidht thing too.. Turns out that CCAV is sending everything on the system to the cloud (every file thats not calaloged on valkyrie). Another crap thing is the ram usage that is high, but it turns out to be related to the "sending files like a freaky to the cloud" thing happening on ccav too. When the pc is offline ccav doesnt send anything so it keeps using about 15mb of ram when iddle and about 22mb of ram when sandboxing some app.
Block it with firewall so it sends nothing if you don't rely on valkyrie and don't care about it.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
well, it seems to be a little odd to have to to such thing, dont you think?
Don't get me wrong what they do it's stupid but it's comodo. Don't expect that they 100% going to fix it so i suggested a workaround until they get their ##### right.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Comodo have stated here Comodo Cloud Antivirus | Protect your PC with Viruscope Technology that the sandbox is different in the cloud software compared with CIS; anyone know if it's just as secure.

They state under FAQ: text below taken from Comodo Cloud Antivirus | Protect your PC with Viruscope Technology under FAQ.

CCAV sandbox is a light weighted sandbox, it does not rely on service or filter drivers. It is implemented purely from user mode hooks. CCAV sandbox does not have COM/Service virtualization which CIS has. Besides, unlike CIS which has one global sandbox instance, different CCAV applications have their own sandbox instance while child process inherits sandbox instance from parent process

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.