Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.0.379757.116

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CySecy825

i just installed it in VM and looks like windows defender is also enabled in background

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If I add Internet Explorer (32-bit and 64-bit) as a Rule to Run in the Sandbox, it crashes the browser and doesn't run.

VM: Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Had the same bug. Ignored my report because they didn't reproduce on first try and then ignored all other information i gave to try again.

D

Deleted member 2913

This make my pc become soooooo slow........ not good!!
You mean pc overall slow or programs opening?
Programs opening is little slow for the first time but better compared to previous beta. And once you take action on the program related popup or subsequent start of the programs are fine here. I am testing under shadow defender on Win 10 64.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Overall, even the boot time is slower now...and i have download eicar test file, and comodo only act when i try to run the file.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Detection is really low (really low), system boots slower (you can feel it on the system too), windows defender still works (not recognized by the security center).

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
@OpenSecLabs Perhaps the Windows Defender issue is intended, but undocumented behavior? Sounds unlikely, but it's still slightly possible... (everything's possible with COMODO, to be fair :rolleyes:)

Boot time and operation slowdown is definitely an issue. Had some of that over at my VM as well, at least for the first few minutes that the VM was running... That DEFINITELY needs immediate attention from the devs.

As for detection, I felt that it wasn't as serious of an issue that it is so low, since CCAV does come with the Auto-Sandbox. But if it's only the sandbox doing all the work, then why have a Cloud AV in the application in the first place? Why not make a "COMODO Standalone Sandbox" to begin with? :D

Anyway, I'm at the end of my testing right now, and so far I can only say that it started out promising (like with every other COMODO product...) but in the end it turns out quite disappointing in many aspects.
I don't know if it's more work that CCAV needs, or if it needs to be re-designed with a different focus/purpose in mind.

D

Deleted member 2913

Detection is really low (really low), system boots slower (you can feel it on the system too), windows defender still works (not recognized by the security center).
For above bold...can you try disabling WD & see if theres any difference?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I tried that and a few more. I will test it again after a few updates. I wanna note that the test was done in VMPlayer and not on a real PC. Till now, I will keep using CIS on my laptop and 360 TS on my PC :)

I'm really excited about this and about the new CIS.

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Well I would have posted last night but at around 8pm my ISP went down until 6am this morning:eek: So I tested it on a win7x64 VM and it was rather umm hit or miss shall we say with the malware I tested it against. Also like to point out resource manager showed it was real "heavy" as others have already said. Right now it's definitely a beta. Almost any of the cloud av's I've tested have done better against general malware testing. We'll have to wait and see were it goes

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
I have it installed on few real systems (not VM) and aside from not disabling WD (I disabled it manually) and initial slowdown on opening programs it works OK. On first run of program there is a loooong delay (try starting GIMP) but after that it goes to normal. As for protection I don't care so much for detection rate if it successfully stops malware with sandbox or whatever else they have.

Does it have lots of bugs that should have been fixed before releasing it? Yes. Are some of features missing? Yes. Is it usable? For me yes but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who doesn't know what to do if something out of ordinary happens. It looks promising but they should have released another beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.