Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.0.379757.116

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Based upon all my prior experience with COMODO products, I would wait at least 6 months - if not a year - before using CCAV; there are still fixes that must be done.

That's just how it is...

D

Deleted member 2913

valkirye is there, I just dont figured out how is it getting used. My guess is that valkyrie is related to that crzy bandwich used by ccav, by sending a lot of files to the valkyrie cloud to be checked... maybe thats why ccav is getting heavy on ram and cpu for some users.
And eating users bandwidth...it ate app 1.2GB bandwidth here.

Reactions: CySecy825

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
Are the technologies used in CCAV and Comodo Auto-Sandbox (CIS/CAV/CFW) the same?
Different products. CCAV relies on a minimalist design and architecture. It is expected to be faster.

New stuff :
* Application categories (implies vendor classification)
* Valkyrie analysis
* Sandbox which does not rely on service, specific drivers (user mode hooks)
* Virtualization is specific to each process
* Privilege elevation is disallowed
et cetera.

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Are there still Application categories? I had it in beta but not in release version.

I

illumination

@CySecy825 False Positive? Upload to VirusTotal? Report to Comodo?
It is a false positive, had it last couple times I have tried CIS, it has been reported several times and not fixed.

So let me get this straight, none of the reported issues with CCAV have been addressed yet, but they launched a website so everyone can download a unfinished project?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CySecy825
D

Deleted member 2913

The info on the website doesn't matches real product.

Its a long way for CCAV.

Typical Comodo...most of the time good on papers only.

IMHO CCAV idea was good & the first release could have been better & acceptable release but they messed up the very first release & this affects the products acceptability in a way...usual Comodo & nothing new.

H

hjlbx

Full system scan 83 minutes.

19 MB RAM

< 1 % CPU use (lowest priority)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

There is a prob & Devs have mentioned they will check whats the prob.

Me & 1 more users reported the prob. CCAV is using lots of bandwidth, dont know why the huge bandwidth usage, uploads or dont know what.

My experience - I installed CCAV & tested the usability with quite a few programs installation. All the installers were latest & already downloaded, during test nothing update/upgraded, no Windows Updates, etc... nothing. But after test app 1.29 GB of my bandwidth was used.

The other user too experienced the same.

More info here -
Change the way CCAV connect to COMODO DNS/server (bandwidth eater) - Wishlist - CCAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.