Comodo Cloud Antivirus v2.0.470195.867 Beta

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I installed this version some days ago and tested Valkyrie. Analysis of unknow files I run in sandbox take only a few hours. Seens COMODO improved Valkyrie analysis.

Does it really? I haven't tried it for a long time, granted, but they kept on saying how they improved it and it still took FOREVER (or NEVER) to process anything. Might give it a try again... It just sucks that I'm blocked from asking anything if I have problems with Comodo, but on the other hand, when I still had access I never got anything useful from them. Confusing experience...

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Does it really? I haven't tried it for a long time, granted, but they kept on saying how they improved it and it still took FOREVER (or NEVER) to process anything. Might give it a try again... It just sucks that I'm blocked from asking anything if I have problems with Comodo, but on the other hand, when I still had access I never got anything useful from them. Confusing experience...
Tonight I will run a malware in the sandbox and take a print, when I receive the Valkyrie alert I will take another print and post here

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Tonight I will run a malware in the sandbox and take a print, when I receive the Valkyrie alert I will take another print and post here
Valkyrie is still fickle. It seems like a few days ago when I tested the malware and was warned by Valkyrie a few hours later it was a separate case.

Yesterday I ran 3 malwares in the sandbox at 18pm, when I shut down the computer 00:30 am no Valkyrie alert. Today, when I started PC 16pm I waited for 20 minutes and no warning, but when scanning the folder all 3 were detected and quarantined. Then I again ran 2 more new malware at 16:30 pm and until now (22:50 pm) no warning from Valkyrie, so I clicked on the "Re-check the status of the files" option and one of them is already classified as malware and the other not. And even classified as malware I did not receive any messages afterwards to quarantine, the malware is still in the folder. But if I scan the folder it will be detected.

Why did not Valkyrie warn me? Since at that time the computer was not turned off. Perhaps Valkyrie does this analysis of the status of the files from time to time and not in real time. Anyway, there is still room for improvement. But overall this version is much better than the previous one.

But unfortunately, I lost a lot of confidence in the company in the past months. Seems that they are dropped, the development is very very slow, even in the forum the moderators are inactive and leaving the fanboys in crisis. Poor support lately.

PS: In the photo I had just clicked "Reanalyze the state of the files" at 22:49 pm. But in COMODO shows 19:46, it seems like a bug. Now I reanalyzed again and the time updated correctly.

01.png

02.png

Last edited:

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
Who cares about new interface when the main selling point of this thing, the Valkyrie takes freaking months to process anything (if ever, I had tons of stuff that just never got processed for months). In the end only thing that gets done is what users report themselves. Assuming you don't get banned because you didn't fill their stupid "form" to report the issue...

dont bother with valkryie it s litte bit abononed i think

Long time for file classification - Defense+ / Sandbox Help - CIS

Dan50

Level 1
Verified
Jul 4, 2017
Dang, my Windows 7 VM isn't loading because it keeps freezing on updates on startup, can somebody please test if this allows Opera to have internet access in the sandbox? I tried getting it to work by allowing the Opera exe as an exception but I still get no internet access when sandboxed.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
i get super confused with the line up of Comodo products.

I say that as their 'Firewall' (not antivirus) is the only protection needed for prevention. (auto sandboxes all unknown, default Deny & HIPS)

Their Cloud AV is a nice powerful product too, but removes HIPS > so essentially weaker than the 'firewall' (although does it really make any diff if all unknown files are sandboxed anyway........)

its just weird

Comodo definetely have a product-identity problem.

usually some product name changes would fix it > Comodo Prevention > Comodo Detection > Comodo Cloud etc (but it doesnt as Comodo Detection/CCAV still prevents with the same auto containment/file analysis etc lol)

am i even making any sense?

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Tne beta is working better for me than the stable version is, but it is not problem free.

I installed the current stable version of CCAV on a computer on which I had just done a clean install of Windows 10 build 1903 and scanned a large malware collection. After scanning over 2,700 files Comodo crashed. The UI was still open, but the scan was not progressing. I was able to stop the scan and procedeed to quarantine the detected threats. While the UI clearly showed that is was quarantining the found threats, it actually quarantined nothing. This is serious bug, as CCAV did actually show it was quarantining the files.

CCAV is the only program I have installed on this computer, so it was not a conflict with other software causing the issue.

I opened Comodo and selected the repair option, to get it working again. After a required reboot, I started the scan again, but had the same results. It crashed after scanning roughly the same amount of files and the quarantining also failed again. Shortly after I had started the second scan, I received an alert saying that Comodo had crashed and was given the option to send an error report. However, it couldn't even send an error report. I got a message saying it could not connect to Comodo's servers and that I could manually submit an error report at Comodo's website.

I upgraded to the beta version, to see if would work better. Shortly into the first scan, I got a message saying that it could not connect to Comodo's cloud servers. I stopped the scan and started another one, but still got the same error, so I rebooted and started the scan again. This time it worked. Half way through the scan I once again got a message about not being able to connect to the cloud, but in a few seconds it was able to reconnect again and complete the scan. The scan completed and got it to quarantine all the threats it had found, but it had clearly not quarantined a lot of the threats. It turns out that even though the UI showed that it finished quarantined everything, files are still being quarantined. Every time that I right click on the folder I scanned and go to Properties, the number of files shown is less than the previous time I opened the Properties window.

While I have often seen posts about how buggy Comodo is, this is the first time I've seen it first hand. Until recently, I was using Comodo Firewall solely as a firewall and it worked fine for that.

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
What happend to comodo cloud av? The last stable update was last year + they closed all threads on the comodo cloud forum. Just another dead software from comodo? Like the comodo program manager that is still downloadable on the homepage while it is not updated in years and heavly buggy on windows 10. I dont understand why they always start with something new, than after awhile, bam, nothing, not even answers to what happend to all the dead products. This behavour is strange. The product wasnt even bad. way less buggy than cis in general. I miss the old CIS 5 times.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.