Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.7.402730.374

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Hello Friends!!
smiley.gif

Here we are very excited and happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.7.402730.374 new version is now released !

Comodo Cloud Antivirus team is currently working hard both on improvements about system architecture and the Valkyrie server side; as well as on the improved usability with a new designed user interface which will be released by the beginning of 2017. Thank you very much to you all for your votes and if have not voted yet, you may vote on our live voting page: Which Comodo Cloud Antivirus Theme Do You Like Most?

As there is a heavy work on-going on the back ground, we keep improving our unique systems ; Valkyrie and Default Deny Platform each day, and continue our dynamic releases! The major aim of today’s new release is improvements in Valkyrie protocol systems, some internal changes to improve the efficiency of Valkyrie server and the service provided.

Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in 1.7.402730.374 ?

1- Improvements in Valkyrie and FLS protocol internals.
2- Self-Protection: CCAV protects itself from being terminated or corrupted from safe apps also.
3- Create diagnostics report for troubleshooting : You can reach via Help section on main UI.

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.7.402730.374

http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
My experience & post on Comodo forum regards this CCAV version -

No previous version installed on the system.
Installed this version.
Sandbox setting - Run only safe programs
Win 10 64 Pro
No other realtime security software
Adguard Desktop

Power & Volume button dont appear on taskbar after CCAV install (In settings, those are "ON" But greyed out now)
(UPDATE - On 4th system restart, Power & Volume button appeared on taskbar)

Adguard Desktop install own certs for HTTPS filtering And Internet Security Essentials use to detect this on my browser Chrome 64 Bits opening But this version didn't detect it, anything change in ISE?
Manual certs scan detect Adguard certs.

I use taskbar on "Top". Would be good to see CCAV alerts as per taskbar position i.e taskbar on top, CCAV alerts on top, etc...

At the moment Valkyrie is working But too slow i.e app 1 file is scanned in app 30-45 mins or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Av Gurus,

Same here i.e installed app 2 hours before
Trusted - 17
Being Analyzed - 40

15 files were in trusted in few mins after Rating Scan completed And after that in app 2 hours just 2 files analyzed...Seems Valkyrie still not at acceptable stage or working properly, if not fully working.

Attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• CCAV.png
    CCAV.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 602

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
My experience & post on Comodo forum regards this CCAV version -

No previous version installed on the system.
Installed this version.
Sandbox setting - Run only safe programs
Win 10 64 Pro
No other realtime security software
Adguard Desktop

Power & Volume button dont appear on taskbar after CCAV install (In settings, those are "ON" But greyed out now)

Adguard Desktop install own certs for HTTPS filtering And Internet Security Essentials use to detect this on my browser Chrome 64 Bits opening But this version didn't detect it, anything change in ISE?
Manual certs scan detect Adguard certs.

I use taskbar on "Top". Would be good to see CCAV alerts as per taskbar position i.e taskbar on top, CCAV alerts on top, etc...

At the moment Valkyrie is working But too slow i.e app 1 file is scanned in app 30-45 mins or so.
I'm sorry to go off topic but is Comodo's desktop adblocker a good alternative to Adguard desktop? I'm going to install and test CCAV right now so I'll report back on how smooth it runs for me.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Av Gurus,

Same here i.e installed app 2 hours before
Trusted - 17
Being Analyzed - 40

15 files were in trusted in few mins after Rating Scan completed And after that in app 2 hours just 2 files analyzed...Seems Valkyrie still not at acceptable stage or working properly, if not fully working.

Looks like I'll wait a while.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I'm sorry to go off topic but is Comodo's desktop adblocker a good alternative to Adguard desktop? I'm going to install and test CCAV right now so I'll report back on how smooth it runs for me.
Yes off topic..
and Comodo Adblocker currently has no development. It uses Easylist if I am not worng and I can assure you. Adguard is the best adblocking and filtering app for Windows ;) Again, off topic.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
When browser is in sandbox and download something, where that download finish....where should I look (C:\CCAV?)?

EDIT:
Found it...must enable/uncheck "Hide protected operating system file"

Clipboard01.jpg

C:\CCAV\2\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\AV-Gurus\Downloads

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I was watching a CCAV test video & Valkyrie returned verdict on a file. Thought to share here, how Valkyrie verdict alert look like.

Attachments

• Valkyrie.png
    Valkyrie.png
    750.8 KB · Views: 502

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Really nice UI i like it but for now i cannot say the same thing for the Engine and the Cloud .
The Main Idea is good like i see this will be not only cloud av this will be some kind of Panda Cloud when they saw the really good results they close panda free cloud antivirus and include it in every panda products . i think comodo is trying to do the same this because they have good market with Comodo IS and AV not they want to test new technologies without any damage to the main market, if there are some bugs .
really good strategy to get more big part of the market and HIT IT !!!
P.S : I like it ! "The Strategy " Good Work

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Comodo shouldn't have any excuse since their techniques are indeed good, the problem only is lack on maintenance to improve hence result to downfall on performance.

HIPS, Firewall and Autosandbox are already effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.