Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I just downloaded CCAV v1.7x and tried to install on my system having Comodo FW v8.4x but a message pops up saying CCAV is NOT compatible with CIS v8.x.

I'm not having CIS v8.x but CFW v8.x. FI, I downloaded CFW installer directly and not CIS with its AV turned off.

However, I did find Comodo Internet Security folder (with files) in C:/Program Files/Comodo. Could this be the reason CIS was detected and CCAV was unable to install? I tried deleting this folder but can't. I exit CFW and still the message pops up saying it's not compatble to CIS v8.x

Uninstalled CFW, installed CCAV and re-install CFW but still cannot work. Now CFW says CCAV is installed.

I believe CCAV and CFW are incompatible at this time!!

Thanks

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK

After uninstalling CFW and installing CCAV

when run Chrome browser in CCAV Sandbox HMPA pops up message saying there's intrusion and makes it difficult for me to run Chrome browser literally stopping me. However, I don't have this problem when I was using CFW.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Hi

I just downloaded CCAV v1.7x and tried to install on my system having Comodo FW v8.4x but a message pops up saying CCAV is NOT compatible with CIS v8.x.

I'm not having CIS v8.x but CFW v8.x. FI, I downloaded CFW installer directly and not CIS with its AV turned off.

However, I did find Comodo Internet Security folder (with files) in C:/Program Files/Comodo. Could this be the reason CIS was detected and CCAV was unable to install? I tried deleting this folder but can't. I exit CFW and still the message pops up saying it's not compatble to CIS v8.x

Uninstalled CFW, installed CCAV and re-install CFW but still cannot work. Now CFW says CCAV is installed.

I believe CCAV and CFW are incompatible at this time!!

Thanks
CIS/CFW is not compatible with CCAV.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
OK

After uninstalling CFW and installing CCAV

when run Chrome browser in CCAV Sandbox HMPA pops up message saying there's intrusion and makes it difficult for me to run Chrome browser literally stopping me. However, I don't have this problem when I was using CFW.
I guess, HMPA pops up coz of Internet Security Essentials i.e CCAV installs ISE that protects from MITM attacks.
You can uninstall ISE with Programs & Features & check with HMPA.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
CCAV AutoSandbox is automatically cleared on programs/files close/exit.
Does this means programs/files created files that were autosandboxed will be deleted?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Reactions: AtlBo

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Ex - TeraCopy - Comodo Whitelisted/Trusted
I install TeraCopy And during install 2-3 .dll files were autosandboxed.
I close/exit TeraCopy
Now those autosandboxed .dll files should be there or deleted?
Deleted. Any file created in the sandbox should be deleted. If it was there before it will not.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Deleted. Any file created in the sandbox should be deleted. If it was there before it will not.
But those autosandboxed .dll files are there in TeraCopy folder in Program Files?
Its first time install of TeraCopy.

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
But those autosandboxed .dll files are there in TeraCopy folder in Program Files?
Its first time install of TeraCopy.
I edited my reply because then i figured out what you might saw. It will not delete things already in the folder. If it did that you would have to reinstall tera copy each time if you don't whitelist it.
WIll try to make it easy. Let's say you install a program that is safe itself but it downloads a virus called potato. You run the program and it downloads potato. WHen it runs it gets sandboxed. When you close the program potato will be deleted but all the program files you installed will still be there.
It basically deletes only things created in the sandbox to made it clear.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I edited my reply because then i figured out what you might saw. It will not delete things already in the folder. If it did that you would have to reinstall tera copy each time if you don't whitelist it.
WIll try to make it easy. Let's say you install a program that is safe itself but it downloads a virus called potato. You run the program and it downloads potato. WHen it runs it gets sandboxed. When you close the program potato will be deleted but all the program files you installed will still be there.
It basically deletes only things created in the sandbox to made it clear.
So even if the program files are autosandboxed, they will not be deleted, right?
Like along with potato couple program files were autosandboxed too But potato will be deleted And program files will not be deleted?

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
So even if the program files are autosandboxed, they will not be deleted, right?
Like along with potato couple program files were autosandboxed too But potato will be deleted And program files will not be deleted?
Yes the auto sandboxed files will not be deleted if they were on your system before running in the sandbox. If it removed everything in run in the sandbox you would have to reinstall the program that run isolated every time.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes the auto sandboxed files will not be deleted if they were on your system before running in the sandbox. If it removed everything in run in the sandbox you would have to reinstall the program that run isolated every time.
I understand that if I run a file already on the system, ex - SecureMyBit, its autosandboxed & on SMB close/exit, autosandbox will be automatically cleared But SMB will not be deleted - I get this.

But ex -
I install CCAV.
Download TeraCopy - Now TeraCopy was not there on the system on CCAV install.
I install TC & its installing & a,b,c files of TC are autosandboxed, install completes & opens TC, I see CCAV GUI mention 3 files in sandbox, I close TC & autosandbox is automatically cleared, I see CCAV GUI mention 0 files in autosandbox...Now those 3 files i.e a,b,c that were autosandboxed & automatically cleared will be there on the system (in TC folder in program files) or will be deleted?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Depends. If a,b,c was not on your system before you run TeraCopy they will be deleted. If they were on the system they will stay.

It doesn't delete anything you personally downloaded to say it simple and deletes everything a sandboxed program downloaded or created after running sandboxed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.