Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.7.402730.374

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Depends. If a,b,c was not on your system before you run TeraCopy they will be deleted. If they were on the system they will stay.

It doesn't delete anything you personally downloaded to say it simple and deletes everything a sandboxed program downloaded.
1. Installed CCAV
2. TeraCopy downloaded & installed first time ever on the system
3. TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll was autosandboxed
4. Closed TeraCopy & autosandboxed (TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll) was automatically cleared
5. TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll will be there or not in TeraCopy folder in Program Files?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
1. Installed CCAV
2. TeraCopy downloaded & installed first time ever on the system
3. TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll was autosandboxed
4. Closed TeraCopy & autosandboxed (TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll) was automatically cleared
5. TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll will be there or not in TeraCopy folder in Program Files?
TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll were in Program files before running the program sandboxed -> they stay
TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll were created after you run the program sandboxed -> they get deleted

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll were in Program files before running the program sandboxed -> they stay
TeraCopyExt.dll & TeraCopyExt32.dll were created after you run the program sandboxed -> they get deleted
Is it all like this...?
1. Safe Program X - Install starts outside autosandbox - 2 files related to X are autosandboxed - 2 files are not deleted as they are related to X.
2. Unknown Program X - Install starts in autosandbox - Everything is in autosandbox & everything is deleted.
3. Safe Program X - Install starts outside autosandbox - 2 files (a & b) related to X are autosandboxed - (a) creates/downloads 2 files (c & d) - (a & b) are not deleted, (c & d) are deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Oh you are talking about while installing a program? I assumed you meant programs already installed. If the installer doesn't get isolated and some installer subprograms get isolated i have no idea what will happen plus it doesn't matter. The sure thing is that the install program will either not work or have issues.
What i always to when i have a sandboxing or hips application is disable it while installing applications.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Oh you are talking about while installing a program? I assumed you meant programs already installed. If the installer doesn't get isolated and some installer subprograms get isolated i have no idea what will happen plus it doesn't matter. The sure thing is that the install program will either not work or have issues.
What i always to when i have a sandboxing or hips application is disable it while installing applications.
Yeah, I am talking about installing a program.

Already installed programs is not a prob especially with CCAV coz you get autosandbox alert everytime you run the unknown program & you can select "dont isolate again" on the alert. (CIS, you get the alert only 1st time, if you miss the 1st time then you have to go into the GUI to not sandbox the file)

Program install/uninstall is a prob, even safe programs install get messed up due to couple related files unknown to Comodo & getting sandboxed. And as you said such install will either not work or have issues.

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
This is the main problem with sandboxing apps, updates to existing apps will have the same problems.
If the sandboxed files can co-exist with the non sandboxed files until they are deemed safe the problem would be solved, or?
In that case we can wait for Valkyrie a month or more like it is now without a problem :)
And that means of course that the files are not deleted upon reboot/shutdown.

/W

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems there may be a new release today.

Devs post on CCAV thread -

"Hi Guys,

There might be temporary issues on server because of new developments done to increase the capability of the service.

Meantime, please stay tuned as we are heading to a new release for CCAV soon !
smiley.gif

For your attention please,

Kind Regards
Buket"

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
It seems there may be a new release today.

Devs post on CCAV thread -

"Hi Guys,

There might be temporary issues on server because of new developments done to increase the capability of the service.

Meantime, please stay tuned as we are heading to a new release for CCAV soon !
smiley.gif

For your attention please,

Kind Regards
Buket"
They say this once per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.