Comodo Cloud AV 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Installed on Win 10 64.

Its a shame, after reporting so many times it still doesn't register in Windows Security Center i.e registered only as antivirus & not as antispyware. Is it same on your system or Win 10 64?

Lags are still there on opening programs, etc...

Whitelisting is still not effective as CIS. Quite a few programs CIS has no probs but CCAV finds unrecognized.

Dont understand what all they fixed? Everything seems same with minor changes like couple new options, etc...

And boot time is little longer compared to my previous Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

my CCAV doesn't even connect to cloud and realtime scanning doesn't seem to work, is it broken or its just me?

D

Deleted member 2913

my CCAV doesn't even connect to cloud and realtime scanning doesn't seem to work, is it broken or its just me?
Did you restarted the system?

Here after install, GUI showed not connected but after system restart GUI shows connected.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Did you restarted the system?

Here after install, GUI showed not connected but after system restart GUI shows connected.
Yes. After restart it still says "No connection to cloud server" ... i really feel like my pc is "SECURE" on top of that :D

H

hjlbx

hmmm... so.. is it a bomb? or is it a shine product?

somebody print ram usage of ccav 1.1 and talk a little about the crazy bandwidht eat thing? is it ok now or the internet keeps getting eaten?

I don't know @Yro. It might work good for you. As for me, I think it needs about another year or so. I will let others be the guinea pigs.

D

Deleted member 2913

For me though there is improvement but still a disappointment from Comodo. The time they took for this version & all the promises of watching the thread for bugs, wishes, etc... nothing is there in this version.

Like others, I have posted & mentioned quite a few times bugs, features & options needed, etc... but guess not worth doing the stuff for Comodo.

1. Doesn't register in Windows Security Center - Tried on Win 10 64. Registered only as AV & not as AS - This is a big failure on Comodo part as it was reported many times.
2. No Rating Scan - Users asked for the feature many times but still not there.
3. Password Protection - It was also asked but not there.
4. Lags are still there opening the programs for the first time. And for some programs lags are longer.
5. Dont know if the cloud connection or cloud connection feature is broken or not. Currently showing "No connection to the cloud server".
6. Full scan seems will take lot longer. After 45 mins & on 16% completed, I stopped the scan.

Rest, CCAV seems light.

As per Devs Valkyrie submission is limited up to 25MB file size. I think limited data plan users should keep Valkyrie auto-submission disabled. Coz it seems Valkyrie doesn't have databases for lots of programs & all those programs will be submitted. Yes many popular programs too. For me it submitted FreeFileSync, SubtitleEdit, Speccy, HDSentinel, etc... I have kept auto-submission Valkyrie disabled. Hope its not broken & will not submit stuffs on disabled mode too...Atleast Yet haven't noticed that.

Upload to Valkyrie will greatly improve Valkyrie in any/all way. RightClick option is there to send stuffs to Valkyrie.
Valkyrie websites needs sign-in. I have requested Devs that Valkyrie website should not require sign-in. It should be like VirusTotal. This way they will get lot more data. And Dev have mentioned that they will look into that. Dont know if they have changed that or not.

H

hjlbx

At this time, I wouldn't use CCAV. It still needs a lot of work - especially the file reputation cloud - which appears to be separate from the one used by CIS.

This is typical. In my experience, it is best to wait a year - or more - before using a newly introduced COMODO product - until all the "stuff" is ironed-out.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
With the new build i dont have connection to the cloud. with the old build all works well. reinstall and manual removal from leftovers didnt help. comodo mess something with every release.. on there forum there are more ppls with no connection to the cloud. the bad thing is, comodo dosnt have a whitelist than and it started to automatical sandbox windows processes. im glad i have changed it fast enough to ask to sandbox before it goes worse. realy not happy with comodo at all and what they are doing. i miss the lovly cis 5.

H

hjlbx

@likeastar20 @blueblackwow65

Valkyrie infos (it is best to use comodo.valkyrie.com on-line; the same functionality is not available within CCAV).

Here is example of online Valkyrie portal:

NOTE: A file is NOT certified clean\safe until a final clean verdict is issued after manual analsysis by a COMODO technician.

4.PNG
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG

Any how, this is what COMODO says about Valkyrie results in CCAV:

Submit file to Valkyrie - You are now able to manually submit any file to Valkyrie for detailed analysis on sandboxed files list, context menu and on main user interface > help section.

They make no mention of where to review the results...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
There has to be a way to see malware or clean files when submitted maybe someone from Comodo seeing this can help out. Thks jklbx for the info.

H

hjlbx

There has to be a way to see malware or clean files when submitted maybe someone from Comodo seeing this can help out. Thks jklbx for the info.

I think COMODO intends CCAV to react only to a Valkyrie malware verdict by blocking the file.

When I looked at CCAV, there was no means to review Valkyrie replies \ infos - only an option to submit to Valkyrie.

D

Deleted member 2913

I am getting no connection to cloud server .any reason why? Thks
Same here. Sometimes say connected & sometimes say not connected. Mostly not connected.

And the prob is they dont provide fix quickly & have to wait for next release.

As hjlbx say may be a year after it will be stable to use.

Have uninstalled & moved on....

Reactions: blueblackwow65
D

Deleted member 2913

Today I gave CCAV a try again.

After install set AutoSandbox to Ask & system restart, AdGuard & AX64 were under autosandboxed but didn't receive any notifications. Unautosandboxed those & were fine.

Set AS to Run only safe programs

1. Connected to cloud fine all the time. May be previously server prob.
2. Tried many programs running & installing ---
Programs ran ---
4kvideodownloader Portable
AviDemux Portable - Blocked
Cyberfox Portable
DnsJumper Portable
FreeFileSync Portable
Geek Uninstaller Portable
HDSentinel Portable - Blocked 1 .vbs file related to HDS
HWiNFO64 Portable
KillSwitch Portable
Media Info Portable
MKVToolNix Portable
Pidgen Portable - Blocked a file pkeyconfigs
Process Explorer Portable
Rufus Portable
Speccy64 Portable
SubtitleEdit Portable - Blocked
TeamViewer Portable
uTorrent Portable - Blocked a file utorrentie
VidCoder64 Portable
Vivaldi Portable
Zemana Portable
Nitro PDF
WordWeb
VLC
VirusTotal Uploader
WinRAR
PDF Password Remover Portable
Win 10 Hide Updates

Programs installed ---
RemixOS install tool - Blocked
unetbootin
PhoenixOS installer - Blocked
MEmu installer - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
CovertPro
DriverTalent
OSTotoHotspot - Help file was blocked
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Eset Endpoint Security - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Eset Smart Security - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Norton Security - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Internet Download Manager - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Adguard - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
AX64 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
NitroPDF Pro/Retail/Enterprise - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
PerfectDiskPro - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Shadow Defender - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged Client - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Syncovery64
TeraCopyPro
Western Digital Diagnostics - Blocked
WinRAR64
AxCrypt
Cyberfox Portable Intel 86 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Firefox 32 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
FreeFileSync - Open Candy was removed
Google Input Tool - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Picasa - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Unchecky - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Vivaldi - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
VLC 32 - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
VirusTotal Uploader - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
WordWeb - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Tally 9
MS Standalone Volume Word/Excel/PP - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Lenovo Fan Test Tool - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.
Lenovo Diag - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.

9 HP Drivers for my OS - Didn't installed but just executed to see if gets blocked & was not blocked.

Voodoo Shield - Blocked. Selected Dont Block Again...still Blocked. RightClick & selected Run as Trusted...still Blocked. Added as Trusted & Added as Run Outside Sandbox...still Blocked. The file blocked was InstallVoodooShield.tmp

All in all I think did pretty well on usability.

Sandbox default i.e autosandbox unknown - Sandboxed fine & Malware detected fine.
Ask for untrusted - If sandbox or outside sandbox selected...malware detected fine. If block selected...its blocked but mostly malware not detected & sometimes malware detected.
Run only safe - Blocked fine but Mostly malware not detected & sometimes malware detected.

Just thought to share all the above with you.

Reactions: tonibalas

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I like the new Comodo Cloud AV. Small install, seems light, nice UI. One thing I've never understood is: Detection rate and false positives on Auto-Sandbox. Seems Comodo is making up for their bad detection rate by aggressive auto sandboxing of apps? IDK, but I don't care to constantly have to check unknowns via Virustotal (or similar methods) to see if they are actually safe or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.