Comodo Cloud AV 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

CCAV, CIS, etc..., etc... AutoSandbox is the strength of Comodo security software. And AS is not easy to use so Comodo Security Software yet is not an average or majority users security software.

Few are using VirusTotal in their products. I wonder why Comodo cancelled the idea of DACS...DACS was Distributive & Collaborative Scanning in their words...It was multiple engines like VT.

DACS would have been very helpful for Comodo Security Software. On alerts DACS results would have been very helpful for average users in taking action on the alerts & thus making Comodo Security Software easy to use.

And I wonder why was DACS cancelled coz if I remember correctly Melih was ready to share it free with the vendor of the selected engines in DACS.

Valkyrie is not realtime in CCAV. If they can make Valkyrie realtime in Comodo Security Software & show Valkyrie verdict on alerts then Comodo Security Software will be easy for average users.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

CCAV, CIS, etc..., etc... AutoSandbox is the strength of Comodo security software. And AS is not easy to use so Comodo Security Software yet is not an average or majority users security software.

It was always the case, there is no such thing as a "friendly user" HIPS.

Few are using VirusTotal in their products. I wonder why Comodo cancelled the idea of DACS...DACS was Distributive & Collaborative Scanning in their words...It was multiple engines like VT.

DACS is an utopia, i never believed in it. It is a "fanboy wake up " statement; so fanboys could say in unison : "Melhi you are the best , comodo is the best..."

And I wonder why was DACS cancelled coz if I remember correctly Melih was ready to share it free with the vendor of the selected engines in DACS.

Do you really think that major vendors will share freely their database with another vendor...especially comodo...especially when CIS is free ! then why users would buy products from those vendors anymore.

D

Deleted member 2913

He is the single Dev of Crystal, right?

Great...Commendable...Paying developing the product & providing free.

Hope Crystal turns out solid product & he deserves & gets the best out of it.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015

Isn't AS just like Default Deny (full block), but the program 'kinda' works?

I just wish Comodo's list of good apps was better. Auto Sandbox seems kinda aggressive for my liking.

Another thing that bothers me is the Windows flag for no spyware protection. I have the same problem and I question why a company would release a product not finished, when many users during beta complained about this issue.

Thanks.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

So you mean Crystal Security Dev is paying to VT?

Crystal Security, HitmanPro, VooDooShield, SpyShelter, Process Explorer, Process Hacker, NVT ERP, etc, etc - they all use free public key. In fact, in HitmanPro a user can obtain their own VT public key and enter it on the Advanced tab.

Some might use modified public key that allows additional VT access - with some type of arrangement with VT, but I don't know of any such case.

D

Deleted member 2913

Crystal Security, HitmanPro, VooDooShield, SpyShelter, Process Explorer, Process Hacker, NVT ERP, etc, etc - they all use free public key. In fact, in HitmanPro a user can obtain their own VT public key and enter it on the Advanced tab.

Some might use modified public key that allows additional VT access - with some type of arrangement with VT, but I don't know of any such case.
Why Comodo dont try adding VT scan?

H

hjlbx

Why Comodo dont try adding VT scan?

I suspect Melih don't want to integrate VT into CIS; he'd rather use the databases that his company has built-up over the years. Integrate VT into CIS would be like admitting COMODO databases are insufficient. Kind of a real touchy thing - I would think - from COMODO's perspective, but this in only a guess.

You know, I never checked, but does KillSwitch have VT lookup ? I can't recall, but I do not think so.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

@hjlbx Correct. :)

@yesnoo @Umbra I am using Public VT key in Crystal Security. By default when you request API key there is a 4 requests per minute/per IP limit but they raised my API key limit from 4 to 10 requests per minute/per IP. :)

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted member 2913

And what about the bandwidht thing? Is CCAV eating every bytes yet? And talk a little more about ram/cpu usage and ccav gui responsiveness? Is it worth to be used as only security layer on notebooks with win10?
I tried latest CCAV on Win 10 64.

My experience on my system...I find it good enough to use & good as only security layer. On my system it was light & GUI response was good too.

For bandwidth thing...there is an option now to auto upload the programs or not. During my test usage I kept auto-upload disabled & no bandwidth prob. Guess on auto-upload...25mb is the file size limit but not sure.

Give a try & see how it works on your system & if you find it overall good enough to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.