App Review Comodo Firewall 10 Setup

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Any possible workaround so Comodo FW can be run alongside windows defender under Creators update?.

Reactions: AtlBo

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
comodo fw runs alongside win defender by default

If I install Comodo FW the "windows defender security center" tray icon vanishes and I can't open it unless I unistall Comodo FW.
Windows Defender will still run in the background and will monitor and block and notify about threats detected, but I can't reach the GUI and can't use it's settings so it is annoying.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I install Comodo FW the "windows defender security center" tray icon vanishes and I can't open it unless I unistall Comodo FW.
Windows Defender will still run in the background and will monitor and block and notify about threats detected, but I can't reach the GUI and can't use it's settings so it is annoying.
That is not supposed to happen. Did you install the latest build of Comodo 10, i.e., the version that is currently provided through the online installer?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@shmu26 Yes it was the latest build of Comodo 10 from official website. However, I ended up disabling Windows Defender and sticking to CIS 10 instead.
Maybe they can troubleshoot the issue for you on the Comodo forum. It's an unusual one.

This is none of my business, but you would be better off running Avast free, even without Avast behavior shield or any other optional components, rather than the AV component of Comodo.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Hi guys- a couple of things- for those using a beta build of Win10, you are pretty much on your own as you are fishing in potentially troubled waters. Many vendors totally ignore beta build of an OS as these build change frequently so the game isn't worth the candle for them.

Second- on Win10 DO NOT disable Windows Firewall. This may cause issues and CF and WF co-exist exquisitely together.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Glad to hear such an advice about WF @cruelsister

On my desktop, I have no problem disabling WF.

But, on my notebook, I'm not feeling confident without WF. On CFW, you have to go on stealth port, or have a look to global rules to be sure of your visibility. And I'm not confident with the subnetmask classification. (What's happen if a public network has the same subnetmask of my home network ?)
With WF, I know it works...

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Maybe they can troubleshoot the issue for you on the Comodo forum. It's an unusual one.

This is none of my business, but you would be better off running Avast free, even without Avast behavior shield or any other optional components, rather than the AV component of Comodo.

I installed it to see if it had improved "The AV module" but found it to be pretty useless compared to a proper configured auto-container module. I have switched back to Comodo FW Proactive profile. I don't think installing any av alongside Comdoo FW would be worth, what do you think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

I installed it to see if had improved "The AV module" but found it is pretty useless compared to a proper auto-container module. I have switched back to Comodo FW Proactive profile. I don't think installing any av alongside Comdoo FW would be worth, what do you think.
The AV in CIS is mostly for malware cleaning, the cloud obviously doesn't.

Reactions: AtlBo and darko999

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Well, you need Windows Firewall running in order to use Windows Update.

My is turned OFF and I still get update normal.

1.png 2.png

Reactions: AtlBo and lab34

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
i was under the impression that u had to disable win firewall to use comodo fw. guess i'll enable it now

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Using a fairly recent version here I think (6223) and so far so good too.

Didn't bother to turn off windows firewall either in spite of some suggestions to do that.

All is going smooth as it can with the two running fine in tandem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.