App Review Comodo Firewall 10 Setup

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I am sure everyone over here wanna check and sees what our respected hero @Umbra will bring to us :) via his modifications, tweaks, and rules which has been added to his combos. A screenshot is also needed!

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Comodo is security style to the old school .. It warns you of everything and does not draw conclusions .... That's why it's better ... But it's very useful for users with knowledge ...

Eset uses patterns or indications to know that broaching is easier.

Security can be applied to many contexts. Eg: a good detection does not necessarily mean better security. Even if a good detection means an increase in security.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Deletedmessiah Eset firewall has ids(comodo don't) plus it's more advanced than the Comodo firewall.
Also tweaking ESET firewall is much easier:notworthy:

Agree with tweaking ESET to maximum security and especially it's HIPS but I have not seen any videos of ESET recently where it could stop any kind of ransomware comparing to what CFW showed in those videos that blocked even the new variant of Petya and Bad Rabbit ransomware. Correct me if I am wrong

Reactions: ZeroDay

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Your question is not related to what I said(i was talking about the Eset firewall!)
But CFW cant detect anything(Only auto sandbox unknown files)
let's say you have an Exe which is a keylogger ok? you run it inside the sandbox(comodo auto sandbox it)but then what? you don't know how safe it is to run it outside the sandbox!Can Comodo tell you OH Rebsat be careful its a keylogger?:giggle:
Whats the point with sandboxing?it only works for ransomware that shows you the ransom page:notworthy:what about other malware? what if you want to install smth? OK, Comodo auto sandbox it but then what?it won't help the user to make a choice :) just block everything blindly.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Your question is not related to what I said(i was talking about the Eset firewall!)
But CFW cant detect anything(Only auto sandbox unknown files)
let's say you have an Exe which is a keylogger ok? you run it inside the sandbox(comodo auto sandbox it)but then what? you don't know how safe it is to run it outside the sandbox!Can Comodo tell you OH Rebsat be careful its a keylogger?:giggle:
Whats the point with sandboxing?it only works for ransomware that shows you the ransom page:notworthy:what about other malware? what if you want to install smth? OK, Comodo auto sandbox it but then what?it won't help the user to make a choice :) just block everything blindly.

Wow, thank you for bringing all of these great details into my table bro :cool: ok, so how would ESET deal with that malware based on their protection components? Could you explain it in details please? much appreciated! (y)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I don't know how Eset can handle this.
Maybe can't detect it or maybe the live Gird will send it to Eset labs and they will detect it soon( LiveGrid is used to submit any suspicious process per heuristic analysis to Eset's servers for further detailed analysis) or maybe Eset anti keylogger module will detect it:notworthy: at least it has some sigs or some heuristic analyze and other stuff that can help you to detect it!I'm not defending Eset just saying the comodo Fw cant help you to make a choice.
not seen any videos of ESET recently where it could stop any kind of ransomware
I'm sure Eset hips can also block them(consider the av testers don't use Hips)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014

Comodo has an analysis of sandbox behavior by default (viruscoipe). You have to configure it to exit the sandbox.
So if you have a help .. Many malware do not work in sandbox .. but many legitimate applications if (even games) ... So if it does not work in sandbox it might be malware.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I just installed Comodo Firewall (set CS settings) but now I got some errors on Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

0.jpg

Reactions: ZeroDay

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Could you tell us what EAM features are being Disabled in your configuration? I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your EAM/CFW configuration here. Thanks ;)

golly Umbra can better answer this, my best guess is that EAM is default settings. But whatever I did if I did anything to tweak EAM I did couple of months ago, and have not touched settings since. Don't recall. Anything in particular in EAM settings you want me to look at?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Surely some parameters are blocked by Comodo.

try to set Comodo to learning mode > reboot > let WD APT start normally > recheck

I heard that for WD ATP you need Enterprise E5.
You can't activate without.

Is this true?
Can you guys check your system and see if it is working (services.msc>Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service (Manual)?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am sure everyone over here wanna check and sees what our respected hero @Umbra will bring to us :) via his modifications, tweaks, and rules which has been added to his combos. A screenshot is also needed!
I am not referring to you, but people who are relatively new to Comodo should not go and copy the config of an advanced user. It will just bring the poor user to a state of insanity or worse.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It would be nice if one of the tester should test a tweaked Eset firewall against a tweaked CF firewall. With CS's settings all unknowns are blocked from even connecting out. I know which software my money would be on.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.