Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.0.6938 Beta 1 is available for testing

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.0.6938 Beta 1 is now available for download and testing.

Please visit the Beta Corner to test the beta.

Comodo Internet Security 2019 64 bit:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-v12106938-beta-1-is-available-for-testing-t125099.0.html

Fixed:
- Defect preventing correct uninstall related to folder protection.
- Installation issues with Kill Switch and CCE installation problem.
- Defect causing intermittent freezing.

- Fixed:
- Improved folder protection.

- Known Issues:
- Folder protection becomes disabled after installing CCE or Kill Switch but will become enabled again after a reboot.

We're releasing this before all issues are fixed to get feedback about the freezing issues reported in 6918.

Please give your valuable feedback!
:-TU

Thanks,
Shane

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 is now available for download

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 is now available for download and testing.

Setup Details:
In order to install online setups, please ensure you have following entries in Windows hosts (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) file:

Code: [Select]
178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com

Comodo Internet Security 2019 64 bit:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 5.44M ( 5711264 )
MD5: 20a85369fbe4e62156fbcad238a36bff
SHA1: 0a2f748ac944f4ee3b75bb7d516c3f7efec60d21

Comodo Firewall Installer:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cfw_installer.exe

Size: 5.44M (5711264)
MD5: BE30CB9A81E3BD0C4A2F9C9F20E87C63
SHA1: 0F8F241D3F320391B533818C4C8BACB9F1813AFB

Fixed:
- Defect where HTTPS website filtering no longer works on Chrome 78
- Defect causing Chrome crashes in Containment
- Defect where CIS creates error while unplugging USB

- Fixed:
- Improved folder protection.
- Moved a number of HTTP website links to HTTPS.

- Known Issues:
- Please install without CIS already installed. There is a defect when installing over and existing installation.

Please give your valuable feedback!
:-TU

Thanks,
Shane

Mod edit: Added firewall only installer download link.

With best Regards
Mops21

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think the only people who are brave enough to test out comodo's beta releases are the fanboys ( which are becoming an obscurity) on the comodo forums.....
This beta version feels like a quick fix for a bug that was in the official version. Fanboys are currently being forced to choose between going to beta or returning to the previous, more stable version.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The thing I don't like about Comodo is they are wasting a lot of time making product that no one use (like Secure Shopping and Dragon browser). If they focus on Comodo Internet Security I believe it'll become one of the best antivirus for home users.
IMO,I want you to remove the anti-virus function. If a bug occurs due to adding extra things, a firewall that works well with a single function is sufficient.
I feel that the current comodo is too bloated.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

In the beginning Comodo offered their firewall to the public they need to stick with the FW and continue development they have to be careful and not bite off more than they can chew
Fanboys ruined it, they kept asking more and more feature because they hated to see other solutions having them. Most of the Fanboys are kids competing Comodo with other solutions to know which is "Da Best". And since Melhi has a immature behavior, just look at his posts, he try to please them as much as he can. Mature companies don't try to be "Da Best soft in the market" , they aim to be the most efficient at what they are, not adding useless/hyped features to look better than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Fanboys ruined it, they kept asking more and more feature because they hated to see other solutions having them. Most of the Fanboys are kids competing Comodo with other solutions to know which is "Da Best". And since Melhi has a immature behavior, just look at his posts, he try to please them as much as he can. Mature companies don't try to be "Da Best soft in the market" , they aim to be the most efficient at what they are, not adding useless/hyped features to look better than others.
There are sports cars with high-performance engines. Various people begin to pay attention to the car, which was the best option for some. And they start various proposals to make the car even better.
"Not a two-seater, but a four-seater, or even more people!"
"You should have four doors"
"Please widen the trunk so that you can load a lot of luggage"
And sports cars have become cars of a mysterious genre like large buses.

@Umbra I think it looks like this.🚗🚌

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
which i found in Emsisoft development. Focus on security only

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Too bad they dropped the firewall.
What I felt was that emisi did not want to entrust users with complicated decisions such as whether or not to communicate.
Despite the complexity of the settings, there is no functional problem with fw built into Windows. Emisi is watching for attempts to secretly change fw settings.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

What I felt was that emisi did not want to entrust users with complicated decisions such as whether or not to communicate.
Exactly. I was their Community manager at the time we decided to dropped the Firewall , hence abandoning Emsisoft Security Suite. All the backfire we got came mostly from dissatisfied geeks (which i totally understand, myself being one) but the core of our customers were very Average Joes who didn't even look at the settings (install & forget type). Then later after we ditched the said FW, the number of support tickets quite dropped.
Basically if your main customers are Average Joe (which it is for 99% of the home users products), you can't burden them with tons of features/settings, this means you have to be very good at what you do since you can't add too complex components.
Emsisoft managed to do it by having an efficient BB that doesn't requires much input nor gives much settings to mess with since the default settings are almost the "max settings".
I used to write configuration guides here for Emsi Online Armor and Emsi AM (when they were very geeky tools) but when i got the "debloated" version and tried to do the same as Emsi CM to help users , my guide concept was basically useless and would take less than half a page...

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Exactly. I was their Community manager at the time we decided to dropped the Firewall , hence abandoning Emsisoft Security Suite. All the backfire we got came mostly from dissatisfied geeks (which i totally understand, myself being one) but the core of our customers were very Average Joes who didn't even look at the settings (install & forget type). Then later after we ditched the said FW, the number of support tickets quite dropped.
Basically if your main customers are Average Joe (which it is for 99% of the home users products), you can't burden them with tons of features/settings, this means you have to be very good at what you do since you can't add too complex components.
Emsisoft managed to do it by having an efficient BB that doesn't requires much input nor gives much settings to mess with since the default settings are almost the "max settings".
I used to write configuration guides here for Emsi Online Armor and Emsi AM (when they were very geeky tools) but when i got the "debloated" version and tried to do the same as Emsi CM to help users , my guide concept was basically useless and would take less than half a page...
Less is good :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.