Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
You could be right, or until an upgrade is announced. I've looked all over for version 11, or even 10, with no luck - except for some sites that look and sound kind of shady, which I won't use.
I used to use FilePuma for earlier versions which I think it still has older versions available. Just remember that the earlier the version the less secure in some cases as any updates/fixes the past couple of years have been security or bug fixes.
what is this file ComodoWebStart.vbs? I think it came with CF!
From memory it's the script to you to the why did you uninstall page/sorry to see you go when you uninstall Comodo, offering you discounts on paid product etc.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I used to use FilePuma for earlier versions which I think it still has older versions available. Just remember that the earlier the version the less secure in some cases as any updates/fixes the past couple of years have been security or bug fixes.

From memory it's the script to you to the why did you uninstall page/sorry to see you go when you uninstall Comodo, offering you discounts on paid product etc.
I installed the latest Comodo firewall again, and did a differential backup just prior to downloading. Nothing wishy-washy about me. Could not find anything older. Old versions of Comodo firewall and IS used to be all over the place. Not anymore.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

I visited File Puma. It doesn't seem to be an offline installer, so I think it's probably the mechanism by which the latest version is installed.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I installed the latest Comodo firewall again, and did a differential backup just prior to downloading. Nothing wishy-washy about me. Could not find anything older. Old versions of Comodo firewall and IS used to be all over the place. Not anymore.
Installed and as soon as I rebooted, exactly the same situation. The GUI was gone, couldn't open the program OR the browser and internet gone - again. I am at a total loss. No other security on board at this time on this thing (HP 355G2 with Win 8.1 Pro) other than the MS stuff - defender and their firewall. Am at a total loss what's going on. I can't blame malware. After the last incident, I did a factory refresh that put me back to what this thing was when I got it.

I'm going to install Hard Configurator and WVSX 3.03 and call it good. Comodo doesn't like my laptop anymore.

Reactions: ErzCrz

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Chuck- Although it looks like you (rightfully) moved on, just wonder if Comodo was actually installed on the C drive? And if so did you attempt to open cis.exe directly? If the GUI did open I wonder what the Firewall Network Intrusions list would have shown.

Sorry that you had such issues, but one can't go wrong with Mr Andy's tweaks, and WVSX 3 is superb (Just crank the HIPS and FW to the Maximum Security level).

Bon chance.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Chuck- Although it looks like you (rightfully) moved on, just wonder if Comodo was actually installed on the C drive? And if so did you attempt to open cis.exe directly? If the GUI did open I wonder what the Firewall Network Intrusions list would have shown.

Sorry that you had such issues, but one can't go wrong with Mr Andy's tweaks, and WVSX 3 is superb (Just crank the HIPS and FW to the Maximum Security level).

Bon chance.
I went into programs and tried cis.exe, and a couple of others. Nothing. It's like they were being blocked, or there but not there (if that makes sense). GUI would not open, so couldn't get to logs. I just don't understand it happening 'all of a sudden,' like it did. I've run the latest version of Comodo for months on this old 8.1 Pro system without a single problem, and praised it here, on Wilders, and on the Comodo forum. Haven't installed any other software but WVSX - the 2.73 and then 3.03 version.

I assume Comodo was on the C drive, but I never thought to check anything other than the program files and did not pay attention to any address.

I say Comodo doesn't like my laptop. Maybe my laptop is miffed with Comodo for some reason. I need to find out why and bring peace to this little corner of the world.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Haven't installed any other software but WVSX - the 2.73 and then 3.03 version.

I assume Comodo was on the C drive, but I never thought to check anything other than the program files and did not pay attention to any address.

I say Comodo doesn't like my laptop. Maybe my laptop is miffed with Comodo for some reason. I need to find out why and bring peace to this little corner of the world.
Did you have WVSX and CF installed together at the same time? Sometimes it takes a bit of whitelisting when running CF with other prorgams, Kaspersky AV for example. In those cases you ahve to install the AV first and then CF after that.

I'm presuming that you tried the Repair option at some point

1643439164494.png

I'm going to install Hard Configurator and WVSX 3.03 and call it good. Comodo doesn't like my laptop anymore.

Hard_Configurator is a great tool and part of my othe setup. I haven't tried WV yet but if that combination works for you then great.

Reactions: oldschool

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Did you have WVSX and CF installed together at the same time? Sometimes it takes a bit of whitelisting when running CF with other prorgams, Kaspersky AV for example. In those cases you ahve to install the AV first and then CF after that.

I'm presuming that you tried the Repair option at some point

View attachment 263868

Hard_Configurator is a great tool and part of my othe setup. I haven't tried WV yet but if that combination works for you then great.
I think I have the problem resolved and it's just what you mentioned. On this machine, there's a conflict of some kind between WVSX and Comodo. I installed Comodo FW andI was up half the night - literally - surfing, rebooting, trying different things and then added Wisevector 3.03, running in all default mode.

A couple of reboots later, Comodo GUI was gone again, just as happened the other times. All symptoms exactly the same as the other crashes. I went into Safe mode, ran Comodo's uninstall tool and then removed WVSX. Reinstalled Comodo minus wisevector and again, no problems.

I'm thinking WVSX 2.73 doesn't conflict. I ran it with Comodo for several months. Only when I moved to v3 did things start happening. In any case, I'll give it a few more days, and if Comodo behaves, I think I can say the problem is solved. It should have occurred to me after the first Comodo crash.

Last edited:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I think I have the problem resolved and it's just what you mentioned. On this machine, there's a conflict of some kind between WVSX and Comodo. I installed Comodo FW andI was up half the night - literally - surfing, rebooting, trying different things and then added Wisevector 3.03, running in all default mode.

A couple of reboots later, Comodo GUI was gone again, just as happened the other times. All symptoms exactly the same as the other crashes. I went into Safe mode, ran Comodo's uninstall tool and then removed WVSX. Reinstalled Comodo minus wisevector and again, no problems.

I'm thinking WVSX 2.73 doesn't conflict. I ran it with Comodo for several months. Only when I moved to v3 did things start happening. In any case, I'll give it a few more days, and if Comodo behaves, I think I can say the problem is solved. It should have occurred to me after the first Comodo crash.
Ah okay, glad we figured out what it was.

If your going to use WiseVector, install that first and/or whielist CF's folders and you may want to do the same in CF for WV.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.