Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The download links for all the products (CIS/CF/CAV) can be found here:

Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS

Although not really needed, personally I've found Best Practice is to utilize the Uninstall tool prior to the upgrade, which can be found here:

Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.1.0.45 Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS

My advise is to disregard both CAV as well as CIS and just install the Firewall at preferred settings. If one does feel the need for a dedicated antivirus module, consider Wisevector Stop X which is a marvelous addition to CF (you'll have to add it to Trusted on WV install).

All this being said, note that there is REALLY no need to do this manual Comodo upgrade if one is not having any issues with the present configuration, but can wait for the automatic update to be instituted.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
RELEASE NOTES

Fixed
- WSL 2 can not work when install CIS
- Solitaire can not run in sandbox
- System restore is restoring the registry issue
- cmdvirth can be stoped
- Support jumbo frames in fw
- Setting allow contained applications access to the clipboard does not work
- Fixed BSOD cased by cmderd on 32 bit OS

Note: Binary update is not activated yet. It will be activated soon.

The main reason I stopped using comodo was the WSL2 compatibility issues, great that they fixed this but they sure took their sweet time.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Runs smoothly in my test of it so far. They're working through a long list of bug/fixes/improvements. I'm a creature of habit so installed full CIS in Proactive with your Containment exclusion unticked, containment set to "restricted" for unknowns and my IPv6 tweaks and separate DCHP rule for svchost to receive from my router MAC only.

Lets hope updates become more frequent, I'll try it out for a week.

EDIT: For info: MD still detects fusion.dll PUP for the online installer. File goes into temp folder as Comodo used to use it for installing additional software. You have to disable MD PUP for Block Apps temporarily or alternatively just use the Offline Installer.

E

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 703

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
My advise is to disregard both CAV as well as CIS and just install the Firewall at preferred settings. If one does feel the need for a dedicated antivirus module, consider Wisevector Stop X which is a marvelous addition to CF (you'll have to add it to Trusted on WV install).

All this being said, note that there is REALLY no need to do this manual Comodo upgrade if one is not having any issues with the present configuration, but can wait for the automatic update to be instituted.
Thanks CS. I'll have a look at WV though it's based in Beijing and I can be a bit paraoid about where software comes from lately. Best browser to pair with both?

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Thanks CS. I'll have a look at WV though it's based in Beijing and I can be a bit paraoid about where software comes from lately. Best browser to pair with both?
@CS

As there are a few of us here a bit concerned with both software and hardware coming out from China in particular, do you have an opinion or insight
to share on the subject?
This is not intended to start a debate about the subject, just me trusting our sisters wisdom!

/W

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
Les liens de téléchargement pour tous les produits (CIS / CF / CAV) peuvent être trouvés ici:

Sortie de Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 - Actualités / Annonces / Commentaires - CIS

Bien que cela ne soit pas vraiment nécessaire, j'ai personnellement trouvé que la meilleure pratique consiste à utiliser l'outil de désinstallation avant la mise à niveau, que vous pouvez trouver ici:

Sortie officielle du programme de désinstallation Comodo v3.1.0.45 - Actualités / Annonces / Commentaires - CIS

Mon conseil est de ne pas tenir compte à la fois de CAV et de CIS et d'installer simplement le pare-feu avec les paramètres préférés. Si vous ressentez le besoin d'un module antivirus dédié, pensez à Wisevector Stop X qui est un merveilleux ajout à CF (vous devrez l'ajouter à l'installation de Trusted on WV).

Tout cela étant dit, notez qu'il n'est VRAIMENT pas nécessaire de faire cette mise à jour manuelle de Comodo si l'on n'a aucun problème avec la configuration actuelle, mais peut attendre que la mise à jour automatique soit instituée.
Can we trust a chinese Product? on our personal data?

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
What I don't like about comodo FW is that it creates global firewall rules on its own and there is no way to stop it from creating them. Is it for the internet to work or for what?
It automatically creates rules for networks you join but you can turn that off under Network Zones and it'll show a pop-up when you join a new network.

1617136446787.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
As everyone knows Human rights are well respected in China. I suppose you agree with that . I don't believe all countries share the same belief in freedom and the rights of every individual across the globe .
I think human rights is a different discussion out of the scope of the topic. I don’t think we have any privacy from any world powers. I’ll leave it at that.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
do you have an opinion or insight
to share on the subject?
First off, sadly I am uniquely qualified to be irritated with China (as well as the US) since a number of years ago the Office of Personnel Management allowed themselves to be breached (due to incompetence) by SinoSecurity. This was a bit troubling for me as my Form 86 was lifted. The 86 was if memory served about 130 pages long containing just about every piece of information about me (from name, address, employment history, bank accounts, cup size, etc); and the form also included supplementary reports from interviews of family and friends.

This being said one must not equate Governmental Games (however distressing) with a product made by folk who happen to live in a country with that Government. For on analysis and testing I have seen no evidence of any data harvesting by WV, and certainly nothing like the routine Data Informatics done by my old friends at Palantir Gotham.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
First off, sadly I am uniquely qualified to be irritated with China (as well as the US) since a number of years ago the Office of Personnel Management allowed themselves to be breached (due to incompetence) by SinoSecurity. This was a bit troubling for me as my Form 86 was lifted. The 86 was if memory served about 130 pages long containing just about every piece of information about me (from name, address, employment history, bank accounts, cup size, etc); and the form also included supplementary reports from interviews of family and friends.

This being said one must not equate Governmental Games (however distressing) with a product made by folk who happen to live in a country with that Government. For on analysis and testing I have seen no evidence of any data harvesting by WV, and certainly nothing like the routine Data Informatics done by my old friends at Palantir Gotham.
If it makes you feel better (it won’t) OPM lost all of my sensitive data as well.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
How is Comodo for protection these days? or detection?Thks
No 1 in there right mind cares about the AV part of comodo but with the firewall it's a different story, configured well you will have solid protection, they will have few MT members that goes to far when it comes to comodo firewall expecting perfection then run into trouble, just keep it simple and protection will be solid, examples(hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIu3Z2ImO8) or (hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktNQCwB2UY)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.