App Review Comodo Internet Security 2020

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012
Installation (rating)
4.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
It is simple is good
Performance (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Is one excellent antimalware, antilogger, protect and prevent agaisnt ransomwares, spywares...
Browser protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Ransomware protection
    • Detects or blocks in the wild malware
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Effective malware removal
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Can be complex in some situations
Time spent using product
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
hi @cruelsister i was trying your setting and can add chrome to the container as u told in the youtube video but when i try to add MS edge it gives me warning and then i cannot proceed to add it. see the attached screenshot.

2nd thing is that when we put restrict to all applications it means all application will open into container automatically but only unrecognized will not access to internet?

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    51.5 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: piquiteco

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
hi @cruelsister i was trying your setting and can add chrome to the container as u told in the youtube video but when i try to add MS edge it gives me warning and then i cannot proceed to add it. see the attached screenshot.

2nd thing is that when we put restrict to all applications it means all application will open into container automatically but only unrecognized will not access to internet?
MS edge cannot run inside the sandbox in comodo, by adding in the containment, MS EDGE belongs to a Microsoft folder, which if I am not mistaken, is now located in Program Files. Comodo interprets that MS EDGE is a Windows system file, so it shows this notification to you. IE (Internet Explorer) also did not accept adding it inside the sandbox, only by the comodo widget or IE icon or the shortcut on the desktop. If you want to run MS EDGE in the comodo sandbox, right click on the MSGE shortcut on the desktop and then Run in comodo contanier. You cannot put all applications in restrictions, I would not recommend doing that, if you do, your windows will become unstable. If you have one more question, I leave it to @cruelsister to answer, because she knows more than me and how comodo works under the hood. ;)

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
MS edge cannot run inside the sandbox in comodo, by adding in the containment, MS EDGE belongs to a Microsoft folder, which if I am not mistaken, is now located in Program Files. Comodo interprets that MS EDGE is a Windows system file, so it shows this notification to you. IE (Internet Explorer) also did not accept adding it inside the sandbox, only by the comodo widget or IE icon or the shortcut on the desktop. If you want to run MS EDGE in the comodo sandbox, right click on the MSGE shortcut on the desktop and then Run in comodo contanier. You cannot put all applications in restrictions, I would not recommend doing that, if you do, your windows will become unstable. If you have one more question, I leave it to @cruelsister to answer, because she knows more than me and how comodo works under the hood. ;)
Thank you for your input. I have made MS edge my default browser and already installed sandboxie so it's already in sandbox. By applying @cruelsister setting shown in attached screenshot, all programs unrecognized will be restricted but all my programs which ever I start open in container e.g notepad pdf reader even sandboxie itself opens in container so it's like container then sandboxie then edge. So wanna ask CS that is its default behavior of her setting that all prog will open in container? If yes then they must be blocked from using ineternet but other broswers like slimjet browser opens in container but can acess inernet wthout asking for permison.
Just want to knw how can i run some prog without container n keeping her setting also becuase if some prog gets updated inside container then i think it will be not updated outside it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    84.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
if Green border means the app is inside container, then what is blue border about? most of apps open in blue border..
Yes, the green border means that the application is open inside the container, regarding the blue border now I do not remember, by any chance you have installed Comodo Secure Shopping? the blue border that appears in the window. that I remember only appears when you open the browser outside Comodo Secure Shopping (y)

1671575582901.png

Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Thank you for your input. I have made MS edge my default browser and already installed sandboxie so it's already in sandbox. By applying @cruelsister setting shown in attached screenshot, all programs unrecognized will be restricted but all my programs which ever I start open in container e.g notepad pdf reader even sandboxie itself opens in container so it's like container then sandboxie then edge. So wanna ask CS that is its default behavior of her setting that all prog will open in container? If yes then they must be blocked from using ineternet but other broswers like slimjet browser opens in container but can acess inernet wthout asking for permison.
Just want to knw how can i run some prog without container n keeping her setting also becuase if some prog gets updated inside container then i think it will be not updated outside it.
You are welcome, @wasi00 you are welcome. In this restricted configuration, all applications and executable files not recognized by comodo, will be opened inside the contention. Even if opened within contention, they will still have access to the internet. Unless you block it in the firewall. The applications opened inside of comodo's contention, only isolates those applications from touching your operating system, but the internet access rules are still the same. ;)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
You are using the sandboxie, now that I noticed the screenshot you posted as the MS EDGE minimized I noticed by the title with [#] this is characteristic of the sandboxie, marks the window [#] and title bar of the program, so you were seeing a blue border. I do not recommend using sandboxie with Comodo Firewall (CF) COMODO Internet Security (CIS) there will be conflicts between them, because comodo already has sandbox, which today we call contention.

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
You are using the sandboxie, now that I noticed the screenshot you posted as the MS EDGE minimized I noticed by the title with [#] this is characteristic of the sandboxie, marks the window [#] and title bar of the program, so you were seeing a blue border. I do not recommend using sandboxie with Comodo Firewall (CF) COMODO Internet Security (CIS) there will be conflicts between them, because comodo already has sandbox, which today we call contention.
Thnk you for input.. only edge is in sanbox .not any other program . but all programs like vlc vpn text pdf etc n many more open with blue boder. thy r not inside sandboxie program

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Thnk you for input.. only edge is in sanbox .not any other program . but all programs like vlc vpn text pdf etc n many more open with blue boder. thy r not inside sandboxie program
Now I don't understand what you mean, the border of the sandboxie window is yellow, well so it was when I used it, but you can change the color, for example blue or another color if I'm not wrong, it's been a long time since I used the sandboxie. At least in Sanboxie Classic it was like this. As you have Sanboxie Plus, maybe by default the window border is blue. In Comodo when the application is in the container, it is green, just like the screenshot I sent you of the PeaZip inside the container.

Reactions: simmerskool

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
lev sandboxie for a mint ..its comodo blue bar on non contained iteams .they were used for safe shoping in comdo but now ther is no safe browsing but all app have blue border

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
lev sandboxie for a mint ..its comodo blue bar on non contained iteams .they were used for safe shoping in comdo but now ther is no safe browsing but all app have blue border
if you do not have secure shopping installed and your apps is opening with blue window color, kindly send me a screenshot of any app and attach it here if possible.(y)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
As per their website blue border is for safe shoping but in new firewal there is no option for it.
Yes, the blue border is for secure shopping, more only the browser he opens in secure shopping. The Notepad be with blue border, now I'm not able to distinguish it. Are you using windows 11 or W10? It may be something related to virtualization maybe. Windows 11 I have not come to use yet, so if it is some feature that has in windows 11 I will not be able to say what it is, I'm waiting for someone to appear here in the topic if they can give a hand.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
its windows 10 n defiantly its aout comodo n not any other thing..i m sure that they baked safe shoping inside firewall n didnt give option to disable it..tht can be the only reason.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Maybe, in the last update they may have changed something and I don't know, what version of CF are you using? In the GUI in comodo go to help-> then about and then product version, check which version you are using?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.