Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
FIXED! Killswitch consumes too much CPU
FIXED! Killswitch does not exit properly
FIXED! Virtual Kiosk hangs in some computers
FIXED! Submission status dialog is shown during cloud scanning
FIXED! Browser home pages are changed to Yahoo after opting out
FIXED! Kiosk does not fit to VMWare screen
FIXED! KillSwitch doesn't handle rating for processes which launched from network location
FIXED! Ping command doesnt work inside sandbox
FIXED! No 'Run in COMODO Sandbox' function in right-click menu before reboot
FIXED! Killswitcxh deosnt allow blocking files
FIXED! Various fixes in Russian language translation
FIXED! CLT.exe running as 'Sandboxed application' is not placed in the list 'Show only Sandboxed Processes'

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-602590572639-beta-released-t88554.0.html

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Comodo Internet Security 6.0.259057.2639 released

spywar said:
FIXED! Virtual Kiosk hangs in some computers

good my main issue

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Still BETA?

D

Deleted member 178

Still in beta, but it seems that the biggest issues are solved, the cycles become faster.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011

Was waiting till it gets out of the beta phase but might load it up and replace my current 5.9

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
I'm having trouble updating. In the built-in updater it says "Error". When I run the setup file it goes until it's 100% complete and just ends the installer. The program hasn't been updated :(

D

Deleted member 178

you must do a clean install (uninstalling CIS v6....2636 then reboot, clean all with ccleaner, reinstalling the new version)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Can I ask if the issue with Avast WebShield is okay now with this new beta? Need to revert back to Avast since the updates for Avira free is SOOOOO slow.

D

Deleted member 178

it was fix for v5.12 so i think v6 should be fine with it

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
it was fix for v5.12 so i think v6 should be fine with it

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still on version5.10 at the moment. I'll download this new beta and perform clean install.

One thing more, can I import a saved config file and activate it in this new beta version?

D

Deleted member 178

jasonX said:
One thing more, can I import a saved config file and activate it in this new beta version?

not from v5, since the new modules are totally different.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
jasonX said:

not from v5, since the new modules are totally different.

Oh..so I'll be starting again from scratch huh..okay I'll check all the backup rules from a list I made way back. Download links are still not visible there(will resume on Monday as stated).

Might you share some basic settings for the virtualization feature for apps / browsers?

Thanks again :)

D

Deleted member 178

jasonX said:
Might you share some basic settings for the virtualization feature for apps / browsers?

First, to enable Full Virtualization, you must add a registry key value as follow:

comodo said:
3 - How can I enable automatic virtualization? I dont see such an option.
You need to create a special registry value in order to see it. This feature is intended for advanced users only.
i. Open Windows registry editor, regedit.exe, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
ii. Create a DWORD value and name it "EnableDefaultVirtualization"
ii. Set this value to 1

After following these steps, Advanced Settings Editor will let you choose "Fully Virtualized" as an auto-sandboxing option.

there is no particular settings for the virtualization of browsers (it is not Sandboxie ^^)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Download Locations
We will resume the link on Monday.

Can anyone upload the beta 2 to me today? I want to install it on one of our pc's

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
MRF71 said:
Can anyone upload the beta 2 to me today? I want to install it on one of our pc's

Wait until you can download it from the Comodo forum on Monday when they post the new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.