Comodo Internet Security 6 final release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I tried it on my spare Windows 7 X64 system freshly installed.
It ran very smooth for about an hour and gave me runtime errors and crashed while system was running in idle.

After restarting the system CIS ran for about two and half hours and crashed again with runtime errors.

This system has no other software installed except what comes with Windows 7 and fully updated with the latest Microsoft Updates.

It appears it is buggy.

Thanks.:D

I

illumination

I have been playing with it on and off for almost 10 hours on a windows 7 64bit machine with no issues. It is running smooth.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Littlebits said:
I tried it on my spare Windows 7 X64 system freshly installed.
It ran very smooth for about an hour and gave me runtime errors and crashed while system was running in idle.

After restarting the system CIS ran for about two and half hours and crashed again with runtime errors.

This system has no other software installed except what comes with Windows 7 and fully updated with the latest Microsoft Updates.

It appears it is buggy.

Thanks.:D

then i will not replace my v5.12 on win7 64bit for now :(

D

Deleted member 178

ok, i did a snapshot of my system with RX, and i will test run CIS for a while.

edit: seems the full virtualization is not enabled by default after the installation, let see after the reboot.
edit2 : i was right , it must be activated manually via regedit

P

Plexx

It is great to see version 6 released.

However, despite not liking the UI, that is not the reason why I will not lay my hands any time on CIS 6.

Main reason is more of a common step I always take when a new update is available for any product: Let it be out for awhile before using it.

However, I do have it running to familiarize myself on a junk pc.

Changes made are big so would take awhile for one who is used to 5.8 to 5.10.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

edit: seems the full virtualization is not enabled by default after the installation, let see after the reboot.
ive completely uninstall the beta with revo uninstaller and install the final one had to to do the regedit again but its smooth no runtime error! even the beta was stable

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:

I did the regedit as well. Day two, still no problems, tweaked and running like a dream.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Running smooth here also on W7 x64 using virtual dragon
virtual waterfox does have few bugs though, attempting to log in here causes browser to stall lol, as does youtube, right now unsure if a bug or a software issue in my box
also web browser groups in the sandbox exceptions doesn't support waterfox and I'm unsure which folders to manually allow through the sandbox to permit bookmarks and add ons to become "sticky" I don't wanna create leaks
any help much appreciated

D

Deleted member 178

my resource usage of CIS v6, far higher than v5 with more processes (2 for v5 to 4 for v6) , you can add 2 more processes if you launch Kiosk or a sandboxed browser.

HP3WZ.jpg

EAM use less RAM on idle

i have to say that the "Anti-ARP spoofing" option in the firewall cut my internet connection if checked.

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
my resource usage of CIS v6, far higher than v5 with more processes (2 for v5 to 4 for v6) , you can add 2 more processes if you launch Kiosk or a sandboxed browser.

HP3WZ.jpg

EAM use less RAM on idle

i have to say that the "Anti-ARP spoofing" option in the firewall cut my internet connection if checked.

I tend to rate things a little different, you see, to me, unused Ram is a waste of ram, it is not using enough to justify not liking the product. None of them really do. What bothers me, is having a single core system, and having my processor maxed every time i turn around locking up pages as im surfing or worse yet, completely locking the system if say, im editing photos or something. This to me, is an issue. EAM did just that. I can run CIS 6 with shadow mode on and browser in virtual, and no slow down what so ever, light as a feather. As for the "anti-arp" spoofing, i have it enabled as well as the others, with no connection loss..

D

Deleted member 178

thewolfsmith72 said:
I tend to rate things a little different, you see, to me, unused Ram is a waste of ram,

yes for me too, but i compared to the old CIS who used only 20+mb of RAM

it is not using enough to justify not liking the product. None of them really do. What bothers me, is having a single core system, and having my processor maxed every time i turn around locking up pages as im surfing or worse yet, completely locking the system if say, im editing photos or something. This to me, is an issue. EAM did just that. I can run CIS 6 with shadow mode on and browser in virtual, and no slow down what so ever, light as a feather. As for the "anti-arp" spoofing, i have it enabled as well as the others, with no connection loss..

As i always said, every system is different ;)

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
thewolfsmith72 said:
I tend to rate things a little different, you see, to me, unused Ram is a waste of ram,

yes for me too, but i compared to the old CIS who used only 20+mb of RAM

it is not using enough to justify not liking the product. None of them really do. What bothers me, is having a single core system, and having my processor maxed every time i turn around locking up pages as im surfing or worse yet, completely locking the system if say, im editing photos or something. This to me, is an issue. EAM did just that. I can run CIS 6 with shadow mode on and browser in virtual, and no slow down what so ever, light as a feather. As for the "anti-arp" spoofing, i have it enabled as well as the others, with no connection loss..

As i always said, every system is different ;)

This would be true! I think they did a good job with this release though and wanted to share my thoughts on this, second day with no issues what so ever, i even installed it on my girlfriends "much older" windows vista 64bit and it is smooth as can be on it as well.. :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

I didn't have any issues with it during testing.

How many machines are on your LAN?

D

Deleted member 178

HeffeD said:
Umbra Corp. said:

I didn't have any issues with it during testing.

How many machines are on your LAN?

yes me too during the beta, first time it happen; i have 2 machines

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
yes me too during the beta, first time it happen; i have 2 machines

Do you control both machines? If so, you don't need to worry about ARP spoofing.

ARP spoofing is used within a LAN to make the router/switch send data intended for one machine to a completely different machine.

If both machines are yours, I think it's a pretty safe bet that you aren't spoofing your other machine. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

yes both are my machines, i know i have no risk, but i don't like when something doesn't work :D , anyway i was just test-run the final version for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.