Comodo Internet Security 6 final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

raxa707 said:
how do we set cis 6 to work with online armor?

You can't ; Online Armor is a firewall with HIPS, CIS has a firewall with HIPS; so they will conflict. choose one of them not both.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Not a huge fan of the UI, but it seems to be alright to navigate once some shortcuts are moved around.

For me the first full scan took about 47 minutes, the second full scan took about 3 minutes and the third and final scan I ran was about 10 seconds faster than the previous one. They sure were not kidding when they said "Second scan speed improvements are dramatic". Has anyone else experienced such radical scan speed improvements like that?

D

Deleted member 178

during the beta, my first scan , was 11mn, the second around 9sec.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
How do I make my bookmarks permanent when running my browsers in CIS sandbox?

D

Deleted member 178

for FF/WF, look for this file and exclude it.

places.sqlite

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
How to get the "full virtualization" on recently released COMODO Internet Security 6 (v. 2013)
Press Windows + R, type "regedit" and press Enter.
Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ Software \ Comodo \ Firewall Pro
Create Dword key with name EnableDefaultVirtualization
Set the DWORD value = 1
Note: The next version of Comodo will integrate the GUI and no need to complicate us with editing registry keys.
Source : http://www.faravirusi.com

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
terene said:
Note: The next version of Comodo will integrate the GUI and no need to complicate us with editing registry keys.

This is not true. The developers feel that full virtualization of the auto-sandbox will cause more problems than it will solve.

They added this "feature" at users request, but they definitely only want the users that know what they're doing to utilize this feature. Anyone that is comfortable with editing their registry is likely to be able to understand the issues that may stem from enabling full virtualization, so the plans are to keep it as a registry modification.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you explain the problems of Full Virtualisation of the Auto-Sandbox, in brief?

HeffeD said:
The developers feel that full virtualization of the auto-sandbox will cause more problems than it will solve.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Could you explain the problems of Full Virtualisation of the Auto-Sandbox, in brief?

There are too many applications that aren't going to work if they are shuffled off into a virtualized file system. With the manual sandbox, it's not that difficult to find applications that will not run inside it. If an application relies upon standard .dll's in the OS or other resources that are outside the sandbox, the application isn't going to work.

If this happened automatically, the average user isn't going to know what went wrong. All they'll know is that the application doesn't work with CIS installed. So they'll just uninstall CIS instead of trying to figure out what the problem is. There are already applications that aren't happy when the auto-sandbox just institutes the default partially limited access restrictions. Virtualizing them would just increase the breakage potential.

And what happens when a user isn't aware that something has been running in the sandbox and they delete the sandbox contents? They could lose data they weren't prepared to lose.

So when faced with the possibility of breaking countless applications and having millions of users uninstalling their product, they decided the full virtualization auto-sandbox wasn't worth the risk for mass consumption.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'm using chrome so wouldn't I just exclude the bookmarks file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.