Comodo Internet Security - General Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
hjlbx said:
Yes. Comodo is famous for their reported 300+ bug fixes. It's the butt of a lot of jokes

i love this one, i always joke about it ^^

Very good review, you described almost all what i think about CIS and its community.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
H

hjlbx

Thread author
i love this one, i always joke about it ^^

Very good review, you described almost all what i think about CIS and its community.

Thank you for the kind words @Umbra

If I say I fixed 300+ bugs, it makes me look like:

1. I released an unpatched product to begin with; and

2. I am trying to spin # 1 in a positive way - that I fixed my messed up product...

The entire thing just doesn't come across as anything good...

:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You are welcome, the problem with Comodo is that they try to fix the new bugs created in the last version... seems an eternal loop ^^

Y

yigido

Thread author
Most comprehensive software and medium quality developers cause this problem in my opinion :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You are welcome, the problem with Comodo is that they try to fix the new bugs created in the last version... seems an eternal loop ^^
The probs is their beta testing.
Sometimes a beta is released. After 1 beta...nothing for 20-25 days then final is released.
Sometimes 1or 2 beta then nothing for days & final is released.

And the prob is communication. Many a times no response from the Devs. They will come & drop a line & no news after that.

And the prob their bug report format. For each & every minor prob too they want you to file a bug report in the format. This is many a times irritating & time consuming for minor probs.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
And the prob their bug report format. For each & every minor prob too they want you to file a bug report in the format. This is many a times irritating & time consuming for minor probs.
Yes, they are sticklers about that. I understand it to a point but they've ended up shifting the burden onto its users; I only work for free for non-profits.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Yes, they are sticklers about that. I understand it to a point but they've ended up shifting the burden onto its users; I only work for free for non-profits.

Comodo bug reporting is plain drudgery... :D

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Sometimes a beta is released. After 1 beta...nothing for 20-25 days then final is released.

And the prob is communication. Many a times no response from the Devs. They will come & drop a line & no news after that.

@yesnoo

Yes... it can be a frustrating, aggravating experience.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Beta testing and bug reporting for AV takes thick skin = lots of determination in the face of adversity and a high tolerance for frustration.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I think that is a Comodo thing; I've beta-test many products (incl. Norton) over the years and have never had a hard time with anyone.

Edit: OK, EA would be an exception...but I doubt they even test (beta or otherwise) any more.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014

Many versions are released to "Star Group" members & moderators.
The issues you check on the forums are not the only ones reported. To name a few sources : QA, dev, Star Group, forum, internal beta testers, external testers. We shouldn't really underestimate them. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
To name a few sources : QA, dev, Star Group, forum, internal beta testers, external testers. We shouldn't really underestimate them. :rolleyes:

you forgot the secret and hidden group : the Comodo Zealots, an highly secretive group having the sole purpose to turn people to their cause or infect them with nasty malware never seen before !

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo

I am experiencing some quirks with a few files' ratings and them being auto-sandboxed or generating other alerts (HIPS & FW)... even after moving one or two files from Unrecognized to Trusted list.

For example, some that persistently give me grief are the Flash Player Utility (FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe), OneNote (onenoteim.exe) and invagent.dll.

Best Regards,

HJLBX
Did you try with system restart?
i.e Move files from unrecog to trusted, system restart & then check if its working.

I have noticed that when you block unknown programs from connecting, unblocking them needs system restart i.e without system restart after unblocking them they still cant connect to net & can connect after system restart.

May be system restart could solve your probs too.

So try system restart mentioned above & check if you haven't tried yet.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
The continued blocking until system restart - I was aware of this...

The problem is when CIS generates various alerts/sandboxes Trusted files... there are some bugs in this regard.

Or you might create some Allow rules for an Unrecognized file, but CIS will not "remember" those rules... quirky behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
you forgot the secret and hidden group : the Comodo Zealots, an highly secretive group having the sole purpose to turn people to their cause or infect them with nasty malware never seen before !

@Umbra

U have any of that malware never seen before??? Is it the really nasty stuff? I need some... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.