App Review Comodo Internet Security Premium Tested 8.23.20 by Computer Solutions

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Still blocks malware really well and while not great On-Demand scan, on execute blocks things 100% and i think a lot of the phishing and browser based stuff is mainly down to browser security. Anyway, nice to see another test. A new version is meant to come out in the coming weeks though mainly bug fixes.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Somehow i install comodo to clean computer, and use browser extension too

Maybe it failed the test he did, but thats not scenario i end up to with comodo

Still best full security suite imo, and free also
A new version is meant to come out in the coming weeks though mainly bug fixes.
What i did read comodo forums last time a week ago, it seemed like major update with new feature ; lightdatabase

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Still blocks malware really well and while not great On-Demand scan, on execute blocks things 100% and i think a lot of the phishing and browser based stuff is mainly down to browser security. Anyway, nice to see another test. A new version is meant to come out in the coming weeks though mainly bug fixes.

Yes. Install Comodo Firewall and Forticlient with its hardened settings for malware, and you will have free protection that is as good as anything else available (i.e. Kaspersky Security Cloud). Just have to get used to saying no to running unsigned outside of the sandbox with CF and CIS. I think that is why some have a problem with the sandbox everything unsigned approach implemented by CFs devs. The sig recongnition in CIS is just not up to par to pair with the sandboxing (cloud lookup on CF). If it were, I admit would be using CIS over CF + Forticlient myself...

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Somehow i install comodo to clean computer, and use browser extension too

Maybe it failed the test he did, but thats not scenario i end up to with comodo

Still best full security suite imo, and free also

What i did read comodo forums last time a week ago, it seemed like major update with new feature ; lightdatabase

Apparently, they're still tweaking the new light database and we should see the major bug fixing and update initially for testing here soon and then the database changes once that's been ironed out. Anyway, last I heard it would likely be in a couple of weeks and that was last week so we wait with baited breath. :)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@Correlate and any other user who would end up posting videos, please ensure to give the credits to the user who created the video, either in Title or in the actual post. Failure to do so will result in post being removed.
Must ask. The user who created the video is normally always automatic shown/added in the top left corner in the video itself. Is that not sufficient enough? :unsure:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Must ask. The user who created the video is normally always automatic shown/added in the top left corner in the video itself. Is that not sufficient enough? :unsure:

By opening the thread, this is what I see.

I know the user since i have watched many of his videos.

it also makes it more difficult to moderate the forum.
2020-09-01 19_15_13-Window.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Essentially this was a "test" of the Comodo AV (only) against various second opinion scanners. What would have been of interest is CIS against diverse newer malware, but here only was shown CIS against 10 ransomware samples that were dated between 2007 and 2016. Hardly what could be considered fresh malware.

20 minutes of my life gone. Sigh...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.